Auto Parts Search
DIY AUTO REPAIR PROCEDURES AND DIAGRAMS - WHAT AUTO MECHANICS DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOWLearn how to repair a car or truck, install or remove parts, wire an engine, reset warning lights, replace fuel filter, fix auto body and more. Get Automotix DIY!
Automotix Do It Yourself provides automotive consumers and do it yourselfers; the most comprehensive repair information about car and truck repair procedures including engine diagrams, wiring diagrams, repair work estimating measures, technical service bulletins, auto body work guidance, starter & alternator replacement procedures, serpentine belt replacement procedures, radiator & hose replacement procedures, tune-up & drivability specifications, quick lube illustrations, preventive maintenance guide, engine light reset instructions, parts removal and install procedures, fuel filter replacement directions, component location diagrams, air filter locations & replacement instructions, a/c system specifications, and general auto service procedures. You don't have to be a car mechanic or technician to know how to fix your automobile. Try the Automotix DIY solution today!
A/C & HEATER SERVICE PROCEDURES
Air Conditioner and Heater Service Includes module configuration procedures, general service, maintenance, automatic temperature control, compressor services, electric cooling fans, vacuum diagrams, specifications, and manual air conditioning and heater diagnostics and replacement procedures for domestic and imported cars and light trucks from 1990+
Automatic Temperature Control Systems Diagnosis & Testing -> Sable & Taurus -> Precautions -> Air Bag System Disarming & Arming -> Battery Ground Cable -> Electrostatic Discharge
Vehicle: 2004 Ford Taurus 3.0 V6 GAS
Air Bag System Disarming & Arming
Refer to and for air bag system disarming and arming procedures.
Battery Ground Cable
Prior to service, disconnect battery ground...
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO A/C & HEATER SERVICE PROCEDURES FOR YOUR VEHICLE
BRAKE SERVICE PROCEDURES
Includes anti-lock brakes, disc, drum, power and hydraulic brake services diagnostics and procedures for domestic and imported cars and light trucks from 1990+.
HYDRAULIC BRAKE SYSTEM, GENERAL MOTORS -> MASTER CYLINDER SERVICE -> Assembly -> CAST IRON TYPE -> COMPOSITE TYPE -> CORVETTE -> Disassembly -> EXCEPT CORVETTE -> Inspection
Vehicle: 1990 Buick Century Limited 3.3 V6 GAS
Refer toFigs. and when performing the following procedures.
- Remove master cylinder from vehicle as follows:
- Disconnect and plug hydraulic lines.
- Remove two master cylinder attaching nuts, then the master cylinder.
- Remove reservoir cover and diaphragm. Discard old brake fluid in reservoir.
- Inspect cover and diaphragm. Replace if cut, cracked or deformed.
- Remove fluid level switch, if equipped.
- On models with compact master cylinder, remove proportioner valve assembly,Fig. .
- Depress primary piston and remove lock ring.
- Plug primary fluid ou...
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO BRAKE SERVICE PROCEDURES FOR YOUR VEHICLE
FUEL FILTER REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES
Fuel filter replacement procedures with corresponding images for most domestic and imported cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. for 1980+.
General Motors Corp./Saturn Light Trucks, SUVs & Vans -> Fuel Pressure Relief -> Except Montana SV6, Relay, Rendezvous w/3.6L Engine, Terraza, Tracker & Uplander -> Engine Fuel Pressure Service Port -> Engines Less Fuel Pressure Service Port
Vehicle: 1991 GMC K2500 Pickup Sierra XC 7.4 V8 GAS
Do not smoke or allow an open flame of any type when working on or near any fuel system related components. The highly flammable vapor mixtures may ignite, resulting in serious personal injury.
Prior to disconnecting fuel lines, the fuel system pressure must be relieved to prevent accidental spray of fuel.
After the battery has been disconnected and reconnected, some abnormal driveability symptoms may occur. The vehicle may need to be driven while the vehicle relearns its adaptive strategy.
Engines Less Fuel Pressure ...
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO FUEL FILTER REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES FOR YOUR VEHICLE
DRIVELINE, U-JOINT & CV AXLES REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES
Includes CV axle, universal joint, and driveline replacement, for domestic and imported cars and light trucks from 1990+.
DRIVESHAFT U-JOINT, Replace -> Assemble -> Disassemble
Vehicle: 2009 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 2.4 L4 GAS
- Place match marks on flange yoke and shaft.
- Using snap ring plier, remove 2 circlips.
- Using special tool 09926-48010 or equivalent, push spider bearing race out 0.12 - 0.16 in. from shaft yoke race. Before pushing it out, apply penetrate lubricant between bearing race and yoke race.
- Tapping yoke with a hammer, completely remove bearing race.
- Take out bearing race on other side in same way as in Step 3 and 4.
- Push out bearing race on flange yoke side as described in Step 2 and 3, and then, holding bearing race in a vise, tap flange yoke and take out race.
- Remove ...
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO DRIVELINE, U-JOINT & CV AXLES REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES FOR YOUR VEHICLE
TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM PROCEDURES
Description, component locations, reset procedures, relearn procedures, diagnosis and testing, wiring diagrams, component replacement, and identification of vehicles equipped and not equipped with tire pressure monitoring system for most domestic and imported cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. from mid 1990's+.
Wiring Diagrams -> Wire Color Code Identification
Vehicle: 2000 Chevrolet Impala LS 3.8 V6 GAS
Refer to Fig. for wiring...[[table data]]
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM PROCEDURES FOR YOUR VEHICLE
STARTER & ALTERNATOR REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES
Includes starter and alternator replacement procedures for domestic and imported cars and light trucks from 1990+.
Vehicle: 1995 Chevrolet Camaro 3.4 V6 GAS
Disconnect battery ground ca...
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO STARTER & ALTERNATOR REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES FOR YOUR VEHICLE
CABIN AIR FILTER LOCATIONS & REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES
Cabin air filter locations and replacement procedures with corresponding images for most domestic and imported cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. as equipped to the current model year.
Cabin Air Filter Service -> Hyundai -> 2003-05 Accent
Vehicle: 2005 Hyundai Accent GLS 1.6 L4 GAS
Under normal operating conditions the cabin air filter should be replaced every 12 months or 12,000 miles. In dusty areas change the cabin air filter more often.
- Open the glove compartment, then remove the glove compartment stop and completely lower the glove compartment, Fig. .
- Disconnect the control cable from the blower motor unit to access the cabin air filter cover, Fig. .
- Press on the cabin air filter cover tab, then remo...
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO CABIN AIR FILTER LOCATIONS & REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES FOR YOUR VEHICLE
MAINTENANCE LAMP RESET PROCEDURES
Maintenance lamp reset procedures with corresponding images for most domestic and imported cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. from 1990+.
General Motors Corp./Saturn Trucks -> Check Engine/Service Engine Soon Indicator Lamp -> Electronic Engine Controls Or Electronic Fuel Injection Except Tracker
Vehicle: 2006 GMC Yukon SLT 5.3 V8 FLEX
The Check Engine/Service Engine Soon Lamp should light when the ignition is turned On. When the engine is started, the lamp should go off. If the lamp remains on for 10 seconds or constantly after the engine is started, the self diagnosis system has detected a problem and has stored a code in the system Electronic Control Module (ECM) or Powertrain Control Module (PCM). After diagnosis and repair, the ECM/PCM memory can be cleared of codes either by using a scan tool (OBD II systems) or by disconnecting the battery ground ca...
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO MAINTENANCE LAMP RESET PROCEDURES FOR YOUR VEHICLE
RADIATOR & HOSE REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES
Includes radiator, cooling and heater hose replacement procedures for domestic and imported cars and light trucks from 1990+
Coolant Hose, Replace -> Lower -> Upper
Vehicle: 2008 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor 4.6 V8 GAS
- Drain cooling system into a suitable container.
- Reposition hose clamp from engine.
- Remove radiator outlet hose from engine.
- Reposition hose clamp from degas bottle.
- Remove radiator outlet hose from degas bottle.
- Reposition hose clamp from radiator.
- Remove radiator outlet hose from radiator and from vehicle.
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO RADIATOR & HOSE REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES FOR YOUR VEHICLE
SERPENTINE BELT SERVICE PROCEDURES
Serpentine belt replacement procedures with corresponding images for most domestic and imported cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. from 1990+.
Serpentine Drive Belt, Replace
Vehicle: 2006 Chrysler Town & Country Limited 3.8 V6 GAS
- Raise vehicle on hoist.
- Remove right front splash shield.
- Rotate or lift the belt tensioner arm, using a suitable too...
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO SERPENTINE BELT SERVICE PROCEDURES FOR YOUR VEHICLE
COMPONENT LOCATION DIAGRAMS
Component location diagrams for most domestic and imported cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. from 1990+.
|Low Coolant Switch Diagram for 1990 Ford Escort Pony 1.9 L4 GAS|
Components on diagram:
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO PARTS/COMPONENTS LOCATION DIAGRAMS FOR YOUR VEHICLE!
OEM drawn wiring diagrams for most 1986+ domestic and 1990+ imported cars and light trucks sold in the U.S.
|1987 Dodge D150 Pickup 5.2 V8 GAS Wiring Diagram|
Components on diagram:
|2006 Mercury Milan 2.3 L4 GAS Wiring Diagram|
Components on diagram:
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO WIRING DIAGRAMS FOR YOUR VEHICLE!
TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETINS
OEM TSB listings for most domestic and imported cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. from 1985+.
Document: WIRING TIPS - CONTINUITY TESTER/CONNECTOR TERMINALS|
Vehicle: 1987 Ford E-250 Econoline 5.0 V8 GAS
Document: RELEASE OF DEXRON VI AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION FLUID (ATF) - REVISED|
Vehicle: 1998 Pontiac Bonneville SE 3.8 V6 GAS
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETINS FOR YOUR VEHICLE!
BRAKE SPECIFICATIONS: Brake drum, rotor, caliper, and related specifications for most domestic and imported cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. and Canada from 1970+.
- Brake caliper mounting bolt torque
- Brake drum runout, machining, & discard specs
- Minimum brake lining thickness.
- Brake rotor runout, parallelism, machining, discard, & finish specs
A/C SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS: Air conditioning refrigerant capacity and type as well as lubricant capacity for most domestic and imported cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. and Canada from 1980+.
- Refrigerant capacity & type, compressor oil viscosity, total system oil capacity & compressor clutch gap
COOLING SYSTEM BLEED: Cooling system bleeder valve identification, bleeder type and bleed procedures for most domestic and imported cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. and Canada from 1986+.
PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE: Preventive maintenance recommendations and required services for most domestic and imported cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. and Canada from 1980+. Includes severe and routine service schedules
QUICK-LUBE and ILLUSTRATIONS: Fluid recommendations, capacities, drain plug torques, tire data, and severe service recommended preventive maintenance schedules. Information covers most domestic and imported cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. and Canada from 1980+. Engine and chassis service images.
- Automatic transmission/transaxles capacities, lubricant recommendations
- Differential/final drive capacities, lube recommendations, grades, & viscosities
- Final drive fill & drain plug torques
- Number of lubrication fittings & plugs
- Power steering, brake, & clutch fluid recommendations
- Manual transmission/transaxle capacities, lube recommendations, grades, & viscosities
- Number of lubrication fittings & plugs
- Power steering, brake, & clutch fluid recommendations
- Engine oil capacities, API grade recommendations, SAE viscosity recommendations, drain plug torque
- Severe service maintenance & interval recommendations
- Tire sizes, wheel nut/bolt torque, pressures & rim sizes
- Transfer case capacities, lube recommendations, grades, & viscosities
TUNE-UP & DRIVEABILITY SPECIFICATIONS: Most tune-up specifications for most domestic and imported cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. and Canada from 1980+
- Airflow sensor electrical specifications
- Tensioning specifications for systems with automatic tensioners
- Barometric pressure sensor specs
- Battery group number and cranking performance
- Crankshaft & camshaft position sensor resistance
- Engine compression pressures
- Coolant temperature sensor specs
- Computer advance.
- Diesel fuel temperature sensor resistance.
- Distributor advance specifications
- Ignition pickup coil resistance
- Exhaust gas recirculation temperature sensor resistance
- Engine fastener torque values
- Firing order diagrams
- Fuel system pressures
- Generator (alternator) specs
- Intake air temperature sensor specs
- Ignition coil specifications
- Fuel injector resistance
- Engine idle speeds
- Knock sensor resistance
- Manifold absolute pressure sensor specs
- Mixture control solenoid resistance
- Voltage regulator specs
- Spark plug applications & gaps
- Starter motor electrical specs.
- Tensioning specifications for systems without automatic tensioners
- Throttle body temperature sensor resistance
- Ignition timing in degrees at rpm
- Transmission oil temperature sensor resistance
- Throttle position sensor specs
- Vacuum sensor valve specs
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO SPECIFICATIONS DATA FOR YOUR VEHICLE!
Shop online for auto body parts, engines, wheels, lights...
|2003 Ford F-150 Bumper, Front.||$96.69|
|1995 Chevrolet Blazer Ignition Switch, Blade type; With 12-prong and 2-prong female terminals; A high quality, OE replacement ignition switch; With 2 years limited Trustbuilt warranty..||$66.75|
|2011 Buick Regal 18" x 8" Alloy Wheel, Alloy Wheel; 18 X 8; 42MM Offset; 5 Double Spokes; 5 Lug; 120MM BP; All Painted Silver Metallic, , .||$141.50|
|1995 Dodge Caravan L4, 2.5 L, 2507 CC, 153 CID Rebuilt Engine, FWD, non turbo, roller cam, with balance assembly, (supplied with new head casting)., Warranty: 3-Year/100,000 Mile, .||$1,558.00|
|2014 Audi Q5 Used Tailgate Lift Motor, Passenger Side, EXC.HYBRID, FROM 9-13-13, Very Good.||$365.00|
|2001 Ford Escape Used Cargo Cover, Gray, Good.||$77.00|