Auto Parts Search
Chevrolet CAR/TRUCK REPAIR PROCEDURES AND DIAGRAMS - WHAT Chevrolet REPAIR SHOPS DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOWLearn how to repair a car or truck, install or remove parts, wire an engine, reset warning lights, replace fuel filter, fix auto body and more. Get Automotix DIY!
Automotix DIY provides automotive consumers and do it yourselfers; the most comprehensive repair information about Chevrolet car and truck repair procedures including Chevrolet engine diagrams, wiring diagrams, repair work estimating measures, technical service bulletins, auto body work guidance, starter & alternator replacement procedures, serpentine belt replacement procedures, radiator & hose replacement procedures, tune-up & drivability specifications, quick lube illustrations, preventive maintenance guide, engine light reset instructions, parts removal and install procedures, fuel filter replacement directions, component location diagrams, air filter locations & replacement instructions, a/c system specifications, and general auto service procedures. You don't have to be a car mechanic or technician to know how to fix your Chevrolet automobile. Try the Automotix DIY solution today!
A/C & HEATER SERVICE PROCEDURES FOR Chevrolet AUTOMOBILES
Air Conditioner and Heater Service Includes module configuration procedures, general service, maintenance, automatic temperature control, compressor services, electric cooling fans, vacuum diagrams, specifications, and manual air conditioning and heater diagnostics and replacement procedures for domestic and imported Chevrolet cars and light trucks from 1990+
Cooling Fans -> Passenger Cars Except Saturn -> CENTURY -> 2.5L (VIN R) Engine -> 3.3L Engine -> COOLANT FAN DOES NOT TURN OFF WITH ENGINE COOLANT COOL, A/C OFF & IGNITION SWITCH IN RUN -> COOLANT FAN DOES NOT TURN ON -> COOLANT FAN DOES NOT TURN ON WITH A/C ON -> COOLANT FAN DOES NOT TURN ON WITH A/C ON & A/C HEAD PRESSURE ABOVE 200 PSI -> DESCRIPTION -> Less Heavy Duty Cooling -> SYSTEM CHECK -> SYSTEM DIAGNOSIS -> SYSTEM DIAGNOSIS & TESTING -> TROUBLESHOOTING -> With Heavy Duty Cooling
Vehicle: 1992 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 3.1 V6 GAS
2.5L (VIN R) Engine
The coolant fan is turned on and off by the ECM, based on inputs from the coolant temperature sensor, vehicle speed sensor and the A/C system. Battery voltage is applied at all times to terminal A of the coolant fan relay and when the ignition switch is turned to the RUN position, voltage is applied to terminal D of the relay. The ECM energizes the coolant fan relay by grounding the dark green/yellow wire circuit (335). The relay energizes and battery voltage is applied to the coolant fan. The ECM opens circuit 335 to de-energize the rela...
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO Chevrolet A/C & HEATER SERVICE PROCEDURES
BRAKE SERVICE PROCEDURES FOR Chevrolet AUTOMOBILES
Includes anti-lock brakes, disc, drum, power and hydraulic brake services diagnostics and procedures for domestic and imported Chevrolet cars and light trucks from 1990+.
Anti-Lock Brakes -> Kelsey-Hayes -> Diagnosis & Testing -> 2008 -> Accessing Diagnostic Trouble Code -> Clearing Diagnostic Trouble Codes -> Connector Pin Identification -> Diagnostic Tests -> Diagnostic Trouble Code Interpretation -> Envoy, Rainier & Trailblazer -> Express & Savana -> Intermittents & Poor Connections -> Sierra & Silverado Classic -> Symptom Tests -> Tahoe & Yukon Hybrid
Vehicle: 2008 Chevrolet Express 1500 5.3 V8 FLEX
Accessing Diagnostic Trouble Code
Connect a suitably programmed scan tool to Data Link Connector (DLC) and follow manufacturers instructions.
Diagnostic Trouble Code Interpretation
Refer to "Diagnostic Tests" for trouble code identification.
Connector Pin Identification
Refer to Figs. through for connector pin identification.
Tahoe & Yukon Hybrid[[table data]]
Envoy, Rainier & Trailblazer[[table data]]
Express & Savana[[table data]]
Sierra & Silverado Classic[[table data]]
Tahoe & Yukon Hybrid
Refer to Figs. and for symptom tests.
Envoy, Rainier & Trailblazer
Refer to Figs. through for symptom tests.
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO Chevrolet BRAKE SERVICE PROCEDURES
FUEL FILTER REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES FOR Chevrolet AUTOMOBILES
Fuel filter replacement procedures with corresponding images for most domestic and imported Chevrolet cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. for 1980+.
General Motors Corp./Saturn Light Trucks, SUVs & Vans -> Fuel Filter Replacement -> Gasoline Engines Except Equinox, Montana SV6, Relay, Rendezvous w/3.6L Engine, Terraza, Uplander & Vue (2004-06) & 2004-06 Envoy, Rainier & TrailBlazer -> Returnless Fuel System
Vehicle: 1997 Chevrolet C2500 Pickup 7.4 V8 GAS
Returnless Fuel System
On models equipped with fuel injected engines, relieve fuel system pressure as outlined under "Fuel System Pressure Relief."
On models equipped with metal collar quick disconnect connectors, GM tool No. J37088-A, or equivalent, will be required to disconnect the connector. Pri...
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO Chevrolet FUEL FILTER REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES
DRIVELINE, U-JOINT & CV AXLES REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES FOR Chevrolet AUTOMOBILES
Includes CV axle, universal joint, and driveline replacement, for domestic and imported Chevrolet cars and light trucks from 1990+.
DRIVESHAFT, Replace -> Front -> One Piece Driveshaft -> Rear -> Two Piece Driveshaft
Vehicle: 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT 4.2 L6 GAS
- Raise and support vehicle.
- Mark the front U-joint to the pinion yoke on the front differential.
- Mark the relationship of the rear U-joint to the transfer case drive flange.
- Remove the retaining nuts and bolts from the drive flange.
- Remove the clamps and retaining bolts from the front drive axle pinion flange.
- Remove the front propeller shaft from the vehicle.
- Using tape and or a rubber band, wrap the front U-joint bearing caps to ensure the caps do not separate from the U-joint.
- Reverse procedure to install, noting the following:
- Torque front propeller shaft to the pinion flang...
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO Chevrolet DRIVELINE, U-JOINT & CV AXLES REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES
TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM PROCEDURES FOR Chevrolet AUTOMOBILES
Description, component locations, reset procedures, relearn procedures, diagnosis and testing, wiring diagrams, component replacement, and identification of vehicles equipped and not equipped with tire pressure monitoring system for most domestic and imported Chevrolet cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. from mid 1990's+.
Wiring Diagrams -> Wire Color Code Identification
Vehicle: 2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 7.0 V8 GAS
Refer to Figs. through for w...[[table data]]
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO Chevrolet TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM PROCEDURES
STARTER & ALTERNATOR REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES FOR Chevrolet AUTOMOBILES
Includes starter and alternator replacement procedures for domestic and imported Chevrolet cars and light trucks from 1990+.
Vehicle: 1999 Chevrolet Malibu 3.1 V6 GAS
- Disconnect battery ground cable.
- Remove serpentine drive belt.
- Disconnect alternator electrical connectors and power steering line clip.
- Remove alternator rear br...
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO Chevrolet STARTER & ALTERNATOR REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES
CABIN AIR FILTER LOCATIONS & REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES FOR Chevrolet AUTOMOBILES
Cabin air filter locations and replacement procedures with corresponding images for most domestic and imported Chevrolet cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. as equipped to the current model year.
Cabin Air Filter Service -> General Motors Corp./Saturn -> 2004-09 Aveo & 2009 G3
Vehicle: 2006 Chevrolet Aveo LT 1.6 L4 GAS
On 2004-08 models, under normal operating conditions the cabin air filter should be replaced every 15,000 miles. In dusty areas change the cabin air filter more often.
On 2009 models, under normal operating conditions the cabin air filter should be replaced every 12 months or 15,000 miles or at Maintenance II as indicated on the DIC (Driver Information Center). In dusty areas change the cabin air filter more often.
- Open the glove compartment door.
- Grasp the upper and lower portions of the glove compartment and pull the compartment out from the housing, Fig. .
- Through the glov...
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO Chevrolet CABIN AIR FILTER LOCATIONS & REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES
MAINTENANCE LAMP RESET PROCEDURES FOR Chevrolet AUTOMOBILES
Maintenance lamp reset procedures with corresponding images for most domestic and imported Chevrolet cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. from 1990+.
General Motors Corp./Saturn Trucks -> Air Cleaner Restriction Indicator ->
Vehicle: 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 5.3 V8 GAS
An air cleaner restriction indicator, Fig. , is located in the intake duct between the MAF sensor and the air cleaner assembly.
If the window shows green, no service is required at this time. However, if...
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO Chevrolet MAINTENANCE LAMP RESET PROCEDURES
RADIATOR & HOSE REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES FOR Chevrolet AUTOMOBILES
Includes radiator, cooling and heater hose replacement procedures for domestic and imported Chevrolet cars and light trucks from 1990+
Heater Hose, Replace -> Inlet -> Outlet
Vehicle: 2005 Chevrolet Venture Plus 3.4 V6 GAS
- Drain cooling system into a suitable container.
- Remove left wiper arm linkage nuts.
- Reposition left wiper arm linkage for access.
- Disconnect vacuum hose from brake booster and reposition.
- Remove air cleaner cover and intake tube. Disconnect throttle and cruise control cables to prevent bending cable housings.
- Disconnect throttle and cruise control cables from TBI mounting bracket.
- Remove transmission fluid filler tube.
- Reposition heater core inlet hose clamp at inlet pipe.
- Remove hose from inlet pipe.
- Reposition heater hose inlet clamp at heater core.
- Remove heater inlet hose fr...
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO Chevrolet RADIATOR & HOSE REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES
SERPENTINE BELT SERVICE PROCEDURES FOR Chevrolet AUTOMOBILES
Serpentine belt replacement procedures with corresponding images for most domestic and imported Chevrolet cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. from 1990+.
Serpentine Drive Belt, Replace
Vehicle: 1991 Chevrolet Lumina Z34 3.4 V6 GAS
- Remove coolant recovery reservoir.
- Rotate tensioner cl...
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO Chevrolet SERPENTINE BELT SERVICE PROCEDURES
COMPONENT LOCATION DIAGRAMS FOR Chevrolet AUTOMOBILES
Component location diagrams for most Chevrolet cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. from 1990+.
|Engine Components Diagram for 2005 Chevrolet Express 2500 6.0 V8 GAS|
Components on diagram:
|Engine Compartment Diagram for 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Classic LS 6.0 V8 GAS|
Components on diagram:
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO Chevrolet PARTS/COMPONENTS LOCATION DIAGRAMS!
WIRING DIAGRAMS FOR Chevrolet AUTOMOBILES
OEM drawn wiring diagrams for most Chevrolet cars and light trucks sold in the U.S.
|1990 Chevrolet C2500 Pickup 5.0 V8 GAS Wiring Diagram|
Components on diagram:
|1994 Chevrolet G20 VAN 5.7 V8 GAS Wiring Diagram|
Components on diagram:
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO Chevrolet WIRING DIAGRAMS!
TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETINS FOR Chevrolet AUTOMOBILES
OEM TSB listings for most Chevrolet cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. from 1985+.
Document: LABOR TIME GUIDE UPDATES|
Vehicle: 1998 Chevrolet G1500 VAN 4.3 V6 GAS
Document: INFORMATION FOR DEALERS ON HOW TO SUBMIT A FIELD PRODUCT REPORT - REVISED|
Vehicle: 2006 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 Z71 5.3 V8 FLEX
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO Chevrolet TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETINS!
COMPONENT/PARTS SPECIFICATIONS FOR Chevrolet AUTOMOBILES
BRAKE SPECIFICATIONS: Brake drum, rotor, caliper, and related specifications for most Chevrolet cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. and Canada from 1970+.
- Brake caliper mounting bolt torque
- Brake drum runout, machining, & discard specs
- Minimum brake lining thickness.
- Brake rotor runout, parallelism, machining, discard, & finish specs
A/C SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS: Air conditioning refrigerant capacity and type as well as lubricant capacity for most Chevrolet cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. and Canada from 1980+.
- Refrigerant capacity & type, compressor oil viscosity, total system oil capacity & compressor clutch gap
COOLING SYSTEM BLEED: Cooling system bleeder valve identification, bleeder type and bleed procedures for most domestic and imported cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. and Canada from 1986+.
PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE: Preventive maintenance recommendations and required services for most domestic and imported cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. and Canada from 1980+. Includes severe and routine service schedules
QUICK-LUBE and ILLUSTRATIONS: Fluid recommendations, capacities, drain plug torques, tire data, and severe service recommended preventive maintenance schedules. Information covers most Chevrolet cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. and Canada from 1980+. Engine and chassis service images.
- Automatic transmission/transaxles capacities, lubricant recommendations
- Differential/final drive capacities, lube recommendations, grades, & viscosities
- Final drive fill & drain plug torques
- Number of lubrication fittings & plugs
- Power steering, brake, & clutch fluid recommendations
- Manual transmission/transaxle capacities, lube recommendations, grades, & viscosities
- Number of lubrication fittings & plugs
- Power steering, brake, & clutch fluid recommendations
- Engine oil capacities, API grade recommendations, SAE viscosity recommendations, drain plug torque
- Severe service maintenance & interval recommendations
- Tire sizes, wheel nut/bolt torque, pressures & rim sizes
- Transfer case capacities, lube recommendations, grades, & viscosities
TUNE-UP & DRIVEABILITY SPECIFICATIONS: Most tune-up specifications for most Chevrolet cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. and Canada from 1980+
- Airflow sensor electrical specifications
- Tensioning specifications for systems with automatic tensioners
- Barometric pressure sensor specs
- Battery group number and cranking performance
- Crankshaft & camshaft position sensor resistance
- Engine compression pressures
- Coolant temperature sensor specs
- Computer advance.
- Diesel fuel temperature sensor resistance.
- Distributor advance specifications
- Ignition pickup coil resistance
- Exhaust gas recirculation temperature sensor resistance
- Engine fastener torque values
- Firing order diagrams
- Fuel system pressures
- Generator (alternator) specs
- Intake air temperature sensor specs
- Ignition coil specifications
- Fuel injector resistance
- Engine idle speeds
- Knock sensor resistance
- Manifold absolute pressure sensor specs
- Mixture control solenoid resistance
- Voltage regulator specs
- Spark plug applications & gaps
- Starter motor electrical specs.
- Tensioning specifications for systems without automatic tensioners
- Throttle body temperature sensor resistance
- Ignition timing in degrees at rpm
- Transmission oil temperature sensor resistance
- Throttle position sensor specs
- Vacuum sensor valve specs
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO Chevrolet SPECIFICATIONS DATA!
Shop online for auto body parts, engines, wheels, lights...
|2004 Chevrolet Tahoe Bumper Bracket, Front, Passenger Side, AutoTrust Gold products are guaranteed to meet or exceed the original manufacturer's standards and quality; <b>Backed by a 5-year limited warranty</b>; If the part breaks or is damaged - even if you are involved in a wreck or accident - anytime within 5 years from purchase, simply cover shipping and handling and we will send you a new part..||$58.78|
|2000 Chevrolet Tahoe Turn Signal Mirror Glass, Driver And Passenger Side, Heated, Complete Mirror Replacement, If The Vehicle Has Electrochromic (Ec Or Self-Dimming) Exterior Mirrors, That Feature Will Be Lost With Signal Mirrors, All Kits Use Red Leds Unless Otherwise Noted, Heated Mirror Applications Replace Factory Installed Heated Mirrors, All Retrofit Kits, Except 220-0235-0/H And Unless Otherwise Noted, Require Factory Installed Power Mirrors To Complete Installation, 3 Year Limited Warranty.||$248.47|
|2013 Chevrolet Avalanche Tail Gate Trim, Tail Gate Trim; 2 Piece Set; With Camera, , .||$33.50|
|1993 Ford Mustang LX L4, 2.3 L, 140 CID Rebuilt Engine, FI, Ranger, roller rockers, dual plug head, Warranty: 3-Year/100,000 Mile, .||$1,661.00|
|2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 Used Bumper Cover, Rear, 4DR, Black, Z71 MISSING CORNER STEP PIECE, Good.||$247.00|
|2000 Chevrolet Astro Used Parking Lamp, Driver Side, CORNERING; (BESIDE HDLP), L., Very Good.||$35.00|