Auto Parts Search
GMC CAR/TRUCK REPAIR PROCEDURES AND DIAGRAMS - WHAT GMC REPAIR SHOPS DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOWLearn how to repair a car or truck, install or remove parts, wire an engine, reset warning lights, replace fuel filter, fix auto body and more. Get Automotix DIY!
Automotix DIY provides automotive consumers and do it yourselfers; the most comprehensive repair information about GMC car and truck repair procedures including GMC engine diagrams, wiring diagrams, repair work estimating measures, technical service bulletins, auto body work guidance, starter & alternator replacement procedures, serpentine belt replacement procedures, radiator & hose replacement procedures, tune-up & drivability specifications, quick lube illustrations, preventive maintenance guide, engine light reset instructions, parts removal and install procedures, fuel filter replacement directions, component location diagrams, air filter locations & replacement instructions, a/c system specifications, and general auto service procedures. You don't have to be a car mechanic or technician to know how to fix your GMC automobile. Try the Automotix DIY solution today!
A/C & HEATER SERVICE PROCEDURES FOR GMC AUTOMOBILES
Air Conditioner and Heater Service Includes module configuration procedures, general service, maintenance, automatic temperature control, compressor services, electric cooling fans, vacuum diagrams, specifications, and manual air conditioning and heater diagnostics and replacement procedures for domestic and imported GMC cars and light trucks from 1990+
Computer Relearn Procedures -> General Motors Corp. -> 1997-98 -> 1998-2000 -> 1998-99 -> 1999-2001 -> 1999-2002 -> 2.2L & 2.4L Engines -> 2000-02 -> 2000-04 -> 2001-02 -> 2001-04 -> 3.1L, 3.4L, 3800/3.8L, 4.0L & 4.6L Engines -> 3.5L Engine -> 5.7L Engine -> Achieva, Alero, Grand Am & Skylark -> Achieva, Cavalier, Skylark & Sunfire -> Alero & Grand Am -> Alero & Malibu -> Aurora -> Aurora, Bonneville, DeVille, LeSabre & Seville -> Aurora, Bonneville, Grand Prix, LeSabre & Park Avenue -> Auto Learn Passlock Procedure -> Body Control Module (BCM) -> Bonneville -> Bonneville, Eighty Eight, LeSabre, LSS & Park Avenue -> C & K Series w/Diesel Engine -> C & K Trucks w/Diesel Engine -> Camaro & Firebird -> Catera -> Cavalier & Sunfire -> Century -> Century, Grand Prix, Impala, Intrigue, Lumina, Monte Carlo & Regal -> Century, Impala, Intrigue, Monte Carlo & Regal -> Corvette -> Crankshaft Position System Variation Learn -> Cutlass & Malibu -> Dash Integration Module (DIM) -> DeVille -> DeVille, Eldorado & Seville -> EEPROM -> Eldorado -> Engine Control Module (ECM) -> Engine Performance -> Except Park Avenue -> Grand Am -> Grand Prix & Regal -> Impala & Monte Carlo -> Instrument Panel Integration Module (IPM) -> Intrigue -> LeSabre -> Less Tech 2 Or Techline Terminal -> Light Truck & Vans -> Park Avenue -> Passenger Cars -> Passkey Module -> Passlock Learn Procedure -> PCM -> Powertrain Control Module (PCM) -> Powertrain Control Module (PCM) & Vehicle Control Module (VCM) -> Rear Integration Module -> Riviera -> Seville -> T50/T60/T20+ -> TDC Offset Adjustment -> Theft Deterrent System Programming -> VCM -> With Tech 2 -> With Techline Terminal & Scan Tool
Vehicle: 1995 GMC Jimmy 4.3 V6 GAS
Body Control Module (BCM)
Alero & Grand Am
This procedure must be performed if the BCM, Passlock sensor or PCM is replaced. If BCM is not properly programmed, it will not control all the features properly.
- Ensure battery is fully charged and ignition switch is in the ON position.
- Connect a suitably programmed Tech II, or equivalent, scan tool to Data Link Connector (DLC).
- Access scan tool "Special Functions" menu and follow scan tool instructions to program BCM.
- If BCM fails to accept the pr...
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO GMC A/C & HEATER SERVICE PROCEDURES
BRAKE SERVICE PROCEDURES FOR GMC AUTOMOBILES
Includes anti-lock brakes, disc, drum, power and hydraulic brake services diagnostics and procedures for domestic and imported GMC cars and light trucks from 1990+.
Drum Brakes -> Inspection -> Adjuster Mechanism -> Backing Plate -> Brake Drums -> Brake Linings & Springs -> General System -> Parking Brake Cable
Vehicle: 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3 V8 FLEX
- Inspect components for damage or unusual wear. Replace as required.
- Inspect backing plate mounting bolts and ensure they are tight.
- Inspect wheel cylinders. Excessive fluid indicates cup leakage and need for wheel cylinder replacement. Slight amount of fluid is always present and is considered normal, acting as lubricant for cylinder pistons.
- Inspect adjuster screw operation. If satisfactory, lightly lubricate adjusting screw and washer with suitable brake lube. If operation is unsatisfactory, replace.
- Clean rust and dirt from shoe contact surfaces on backing plate using fi...
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO GMC BRAKE SERVICE PROCEDURES
FUEL FILTER REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES FOR GMC AUTOMOBILES
Fuel filter replacement procedures with corresponding images for most domestic and imported GMC cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. for 1980+.
General Motors Corp./Saturn Light Trucks, SUVs & Vans -> Fuel Filter Scheduled Maintenance -> 1996-03 C/K, G & R/V Series w/Gasoline Engine -> Heavy Duty Emissions -> Light Duty Emissions -> Normal Service -> Severe Service
Vehicle: 1998 GMC C1500 Suburban 5.7 V8 GAS
Light Duty Emissions
Replace every 30,000 miles
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO GMC FUEL FILTER REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES
DRIVELINE, U-JOINT & CV AXLES REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES FOR GMC AUTOMOBILES
Includes CV axle, universal joint, and driveline replacement, for domestic and imported GMC cars and light trucks from 1990+.
DRIVESHAFT U-JOINT, Replace -> Assemble -> Disassemble
Vehicle: 2001 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1 V8 GAS
Never clamp propeller shaft tubing in a vise. Clamping could dent or deform the tube causing an imbalance or unsafe condition. Always clamp on one of the yokes and support the shaft horizontally. Avoid damaging the slip yoke sealing surface. Nicks may damage the bushing or cut the lip seal.
- Support propeller shaft in a line horizontal with table of a press.
- Mark propeller shaft in order to show which end connects to transmission and which end goes to rear axle.
- On models equipped with external snap ring retainers, proceed as follows:
- Disassemble snap rings by ...
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO GMC DRIVELINE, U-JOINT & CV AXLES REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES
TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM PROCEDURES FOR GMC AUTOMOBILES
Description, component locations, reset procedures, relearn procedures, diagnosis and testing, wiring diagrams, component replacement, and identification of vehicles equipped and not equipped with tire pressure monitoring system for most domestic and imported GMC cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. from mid 1990's+.
Component Replacement -> Installation -> Removal -> Tire Pressure Indicator Sensor (Clamp Style) -> Tire Pressure Indicator Sensor (Snap In Style)
Vehicle: 2007 GMC Yukon XL 2500 SLT 6.0 V8 GAS
Tire Pressure Indicator Sensor (Clamp Style)
- Loosen the lug nuts.
- Raise and support vehicle with jack stands, then remove the wheel and tire assembly.
- Prior to dismounting the tire from the wheel, note the following precautions:
- Position the bead breaking fixture 90° from the valve stem when separating the tire bead from the wheel.
- Place the mounting and dismounting head so that the tire iron or pry bar can be inserted slightly clockwise of the sensor body when prying the tire bead up and over the head.
- Rotate the tire and wheel assembly clockwise using the tire changer w...
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO GMC TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM PROCEDURES
STARTER & ALTERNATOR REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES FOR GMC AUTOMOBILES
Includes starter and alternator replacement procedures for domestic and imported GMC cars and light trucks from 1990+.
Vehicle: 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4.8 V8 GAS
- Disconnect battery ground cable.
- Disconnect positive crankcase ventilation hose from air cleaner outlet resonator.
- Loosen air cleaner outlet resonator clamps at mass air flow intake air temperature sensor and at throttle body. Remove air cleaner outlet resonator.
- Remove drive belt using suitable tools.
- Remove engine wiring harness clip from air conditioning compressor and condenser hose bracket.
- Remove air conditioning compressor and condenser hose bracket bolt.
- Remove heate...
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO GMC STARTER & ALTERNATOR REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES
CABIN AIR FILTER LOCATIONS & REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES FOR GMC AUTOMOBILES
Cabin air filter locations and replacement procedures with corresponding images for most domestic and imported GMC cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. as equipped to the current model year.
Cabin Air Filter Service -> General Motors Corp./Saturn -> 1999-2007 Silverado, Sierra, 2000-07 Denali, Suburban, Tahoe, Yukon, Yukon XL, 2001-07 Escalade & 2002-07 Avalanche
Vehicle: 2005 GMC Yukon SLE 5.3 V8 FLEX
Under normal operating conditions the cabin air filter should be replaced every 15,000 miles. In dusty areas change the cabin air filter more often.
- Remove the righthand instrument panel hush panel.
- Remove the A/C and heater modul...
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO GMC CABIN AIR FILTER LOCATIONS & REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES
MAINTENANCE LAMP RESET PROCEDURES FOR GMC AUTOMOBILES
Maintenance lamp reset procedures with corresponding images for most domestic and imported GMC cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. from 1990+.
General Motors Corp./Saturn Trucks -> Check Fuel Cap Lamp ->
Vehicle: 2008 GMC Savana 1500 5.3 V8 FLEX
The Check Fuel Cap Lamp will illuminate momentarily when the ignition switch is placed in the On position as a bulb check. I...
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO GMC MAINTENANCE LAMP RESET PROCEDURES
RADIATOR & HOSE REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES FOR GMC AUTOMOBILES
Includes radiator, cooling and heater hose replacement procedures for domestic and imported GMC cars and light trucks from 1990+
Vehicle: 1996 GMC C2500 Pickup Sierra XC 5.7 V8 GAS
- Drain coolant from radiator into a suitable container.
- Remove upper fan shroud bolts and upper fan shroud.
- Remove upper insulators and brackets.
- Remove upper and lower radiator hoses.
- Disconnect and plug transmission fluid cooler lines.
- Disconnect and plug engine oil cooler lines.
- Remove lower fan shroud r...
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO GMC RADIATOR & HOSE REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES
SERPENTINE BELT SERVICE PROCEDURES FOR GMC AUTOMOBILES
Serpentine belt replacement procedures with corresponding images for most domestic and imported GMC cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. from 1990+.
Serpentine Drive Belt, Replace
Vehicle: 1999 GMC Sonoma 4.3 V6 GAS
- Remove belt tensioner pulley retaining bolt...
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO GMC SERPENTINE BELT SERVICE PROCEDURES
COMPONENT LOCATION DIAGRAMS FOR GMC AUTOMOBILES
Component location diagrams for most GMC cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. from 1990+.
|Behind Center Of I/P Diagram for 1996 GMC K1500 Pickup Sierra 5.7 V8 GAS|
Components on diagram:
|Radio Antenna Cable Diagram for 2004 GMC Envoy XUV 4.2 L6 GAS|
Components on diagram:
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO GMC PARTS/COMPONENTS LOCATION DIAGRAMS!
WIRING DIAGRAMS FOR GMC AUTOMOBILES
OEM drawn wiring diagrams for most GMC cars and light trucks sold in the U.S.
|1996 GMC C1500 Pickup Sierra XC 6.5 V8 DIESEL Wiring Diagram|
Components on diagram:
|2003 GMC Sierra 1500 HD 6.0 V8 GAS Wiring Diagram|
Components on diagram:
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO GMC WIRING DIAGRAMS!
TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETINS FOR GMC AUTOMOBILES
OEM TSB listings for most GMC cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. from 1985+.
Document: WARRANTY - REMANUFACTURED ENGINES|
Vehicle: 1985 GMC C15/C1500 Suburban 5.0 V8 GAS
Document: INFORMATION ON PASSENGER OCCUPANT SENSING SYSTEM CONCERNS WITH CUSTOM UPHOLSTERY, ACCESSORY SEAT HEATERS OR OTHER COMFORT ENHANCING DEVICES - REVISED|
Vehicle: 1987 GMC R3500 Pickup 5.7 V8 GAS
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO GMC TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETINS!
COMPONENT/PARTS SPECIFICATIONS FOR GMC AUTOMOBILES
BRAKE SPECIFICATIONS: Brake drum, rotor, caliper, and related specifications for most GMC cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. and Canada from 1970+.
- Brake caliper mounting bolt torque
- Brake drum runout, machining, & discard specs
- Minimum brake lining thickness.
- Brake rotor runout, parallelism, machining, discard, & finish specs
A/C SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS: Air conditioning refrigerant capacity and type as well as lubricant capacity for most GMC cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. and Canada from 1980+.
- Refrigerant capacity & type, compressor oil viscosity, total system oil capacity & compressor clutch gap
COOLING SYSTEM BLEED: Cooling system bleeder valve identification, bleeder type and bleed procedures for most domestic and imported cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. and Canada from 1986+.
PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE: Preventive maintenance recommendations and required services for most domestic and imported cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. and Canada from 1980+. Includes severe and routine service schedules
QUICK-LUBE and ILLUSTRATIONS: Fluid recommendations, capacities, drain plug torques, tire data, and severe service recommended preventive maintenance schedules. Information covers most GMC cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. and Canada from 1980+. Engine and chassis service images.
- Automatic transmission/transaxles capacities, lubricant recommendations
- Differential/final drive capacities, lube recommendations, grades, & viscosities
- Final drive fill & drain plug torques
- Number of lubrication fittings & plugs
- Power steering, brake, & clutch fluid recommendations
- Manual transmission/transaxle capacities, lube recommendations, grades, & viscosities
- Number of lubrication fittings & plugs
- Power steering, brake, & clutch fluid recommendations
- Engine oil capacities, API grade recommendations, SAE viscosity recommendations, drain plug torque
- Severe service maintenance & interval recommendations
- Tire sizes, wheel nut/bolt torque, pressures & rim sizes
- Transfer case capacities, lube recommendations, grades, & viscosities
TUNE-UP & DRIVEABILITY SPECIFICATIONS: Most tune-up specifications for most GMC cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. and Canada from 1980+
- Airflow sensor electrical specifications
- Tensioning specifications for systems with automatic tensioners
- Barometric pressure sensor specs
- Battery group number and cranking performance
- Crankshaft & camshaft position sensor resistance
- Engine compression pressures
- Coolant temperature sensor specs
- Computer advance.
- Diesel fuel temperature sensor resistance.
- Distributor advance specifications
- Ignition pickup coil resistance
- Exhaust gas recirculation temperature sensor resistance
- Engine fastener torque values
- Firing order diagrams
- Fuel system pressures
- Generator (alternator) specs
- Intake air temperature sensor specs
- Ignition coil specifications
- Fuel injector resistance
- Engine idle speeds
- Knock sensor resistance
- Manifold absolute pressure sensor specs
- Mixture control solenoid resistance
- Voltage regulator specs
- Spark plug applications & gaps
- Starter motor electrical specs.
- Tensioning specifications for systems without automatic tensioners
- Throttle body temperature sensor resistance
- Ignition timing in degrees at rpm
- Transmission oil temperature sensor resistance
- Throttle position sensor specs
- Vacuum sensor valve specs
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO GMC SPECIFICATIONS DATA!
Shop online for auto body parts, engines, wheels, lights...
|1999 GMC K2500 Suburban Window Regulator, Front, Driver Side, Manufactured from 100 percent new components for reliable and long lasting performance; Features OE-comparable structural configuration, connectors, and drive gears that are designed for improved and longer service life..||$52.46|
|2002 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Step Bumper, Includes brackets, step pads, and mounting hardware; With holes for license light and license plate; Ensures precise and perfect fit for a reliable and efficient performance; Adds unique and distinctive styling that gives your vehicle a custom look; With 2 years limited TrustBuilt warranty..||$526.25|
|2008 GMC Canyon 15" x 6" Steel Wheel, Steel Wheel; 15 X 6; 8 Vents; 6 Lug; 5.5 Inch BP; Silver, , .||$69.50|
|1986 GMC C25/C2500 Suburban V8, 6.2 L, 379 CID Rebuilt Engine, 2-bolt main, 350 Chevy, high performance conversion, passenger side dipstick, one piece rear main seal, valve covers held on by four bolts around outside edge, (Stroker)., Warranty: 3-Year/100,000 Mile, .||$1,969.00|
|2010 GMC Terrain Used Tail Finish Panel, w/rear view camera (opt UVC), from 4/9/10, Very Good.||$179.00|
|2000 GMC Safari Used Ignition Switch W/Key, Very Good.||$65.00|