Auto Parts Search
GMC Canyon CAR/TRUCK REPAIR PROCEDURES AND DIAGRAMS - WHAT GMC REPAIR SHOPS DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOWLearn how to repair a car or truck, install or remove parts, wire an engine, reset warning lights, replace fuel filter, fix auto body and more. Get Automotix DIY!
Automotix DIY provides automotive consumers and do it yourselfers; the most comprehensive repair information about GMC Canyon car and truck repair procedures including GMC engine diagrams, wiring diagrams, repair work estimating measures, technical service bulletins, auto body work guidance, starter & alternator replacement procedures, serpentine belt replacement procedures, radiator & hose replacement procedures, tune-up & drivability specifications, quick lube illustrations, preventive maintenance guide, engine light reset instructions, parts removal and install procedures, fuel filter replacement directions, component location diagrams, air filter locations & replacement instructions, a/c system specifications, and general auto service procedures. You don't have to be a car mechanic or technician to know how to fix your GMC Canyon automobile. Try the Automotix DIY solution today!
A/C & HEATER SERVICE PROCEDURES FOR GMC Canyon AUTOMOBILES
Air Conditioner and Heater Service Includes module configuration procedures, general service, maintenance, automatic temperature control, compressor services, electric cooling fans, vacuum diagrams, specifications, and manual air conditioning and heater diagnostics and replacement procedures for domestic and imported GMC Canyon cars and light trucks from 1990+
Air Bag System Precautions -> General Motors Corp. -> Disarming -> 1990 -> 1990-93 -> 1990-95 -> 1990-97 -> 1991 -> 1991-93 -> 1991-94 -> 1991-95 -> 1992-93 -> 1992-99 -> 1993-2002 -> 1993-94 -> 1993-98 -> 1994 -> 1994-2002 -> 1994-95 -> 1994-96 -> 1994-98 -> 1995-2002 -> 1995-96 -> 1995-97 -> 1995-98 -> 1995-99 -> 1996 -> 1996-2001 -> 1996-97 -> 1997 -> 1997-2002 -> 1997-98 -> 1997-99 -> 1998-2000 -> 1998-2002 -> 1998-99 -> 1999 -> 1999-2000 -> 1999-2001 -> 1999-2002 -> 2000-02 -> 2001-02 -> 2002 -> 2003 -> 2003-04 -> 2003-04 Except Malibu Maxx -> Achieva & Skylark -> Alero -> Astro & Safari -> Aurora -> Avalanche -> Aveo -> Aztek & Rendezvous -> Beretta & Corsica -> Blazer, Jimmy, Sonoma & S-10 -> Bonneville, Eighty-Eight, LeSabre, LSS, Ninety-Eight & Regency -> Bravada, Envoy, Rainier, SSR & TrailBlazer -> C/K Series -> Camaro & Firebird -> Canyon & Colorado -> Caprice, Custom Cruiser & Roadmaster -> Catera -> Cavalier & Sunfire -> Century -> Corvette -> Coupe -> CTS -> Cutlass -> Cutlass Ciera & Cruiser -> Cutlass Supreme -> DeVille -> Eldorado -> Escalade -> Express, G Series & Savana -> Fleetwood -> Grand Am -> Grand Prix & Intrigue -> Impala -> ION -> L-Series -> Light Trucks & Vans -> Lumina -> Lumina APV, Montana, Silhouette, Trans Sport & Venture -> Malibu -> Malibu Maxx -> Metro -> Monte Carlo -> Park Avenue -> Passenger Cars -> Prizm -> Reatta, Toronado & Trofeo -> Regal -> Riviera -> S-Series -> Sedan -> Seville -> Sierra & Silverado -> SRX -> Storm -> Suburban, Tahoe, Yukon & Yukon XL -> Tracker -> Vibe -> VUE -> XLR -> Zone 1 -> Zone 10 -> Zone 12 -> Zone 2 -> Zone 3 -> Zone 4 -> Zone 5 -> Zone 6 -> Zone 7 -> Zone 8 -> Zone 9 -> Zones 1 & 7 -> Zones 2 & 6 -> Zones 5 & 9 -> Zones 7 & 9
Vehicle: 2004 GMC Canyon Z85 SLE 2.8 L4 GAS
The Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) can maintain enough voltage to cause air bag deployment for up to 10 minutes after the ignition is turned Off and the battery is disconnected. Servicing the Supplemental air bag (SIR) system during this period may result in accidental deployment and personal injury.
Achieva & Skylark
- Ensure front wheels are in straight-ahead position.
- Turn ignition switch to LOCK position.
- Remove AIR BAG fuse from fuse block.
- On 1995 models, remove lefthand sound insulator panel to ac...
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO GMC Canyon A/C & HEATER SERVICE PROCEDURES
BRAKE SERVICE PROCEDURES FOR GMC Canyon AUTOMOBILES
Includes anti-lock brakes, disc, drum, power and hydraulic brake services diagnostics and procedures for domestic and imported GMC Canyon cars and light trucks from 1990+.
Power Brake Units -> Delco Brake Booster -> Brake System Bleed -> Hydraulic System Flush -> Manual Bleed -> Master Cylinder Bleed -> Parking Brake Bleed -> Pressure Bleed
Vehicle: 2005 GMC Canyon Z71 SL 3.5 L5 GAS
- If vehicle is equipped with power brakes, remove vacuum reserve by applying brakes several times with engine off.
- Fill master cylinder reservoirs with suitable brake fluid. Ensure to always keep master cylinder reservoirs at least half full during entire bleeding procedure.
- If master cylinder is suspected to have air in bore, it must be bled first. To bleed master cylinder, proceed as follows:
- Disconnect forward brake pipe connection at master cylinder.
- Allow brake fluid to fill master cylinder bore until it begins to flow from forward pipe connector port.
- Connect and ...
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO GMC Canyon BRAKE SERVICE PROCEDURES
FUEL FILTER REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES FOR GMC Canyon AUTOMOBILES
Fuel filter replacement procedures with corresponding images for most domestic and imported GMC Canyon cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. for 1980+.
General Motors Corp./Saturn Light Trucks, SUVs & Vans -> Fuel Pressure Relief -> Except Montana SV6, Relay, Rendezvous w/3.6L Engine, Terraza, Tracker & Uplander -> Engine Fuel Pressure Service Port -> Engines Less Fuel Pressure Service Port
Vehicle: 2004 GMC Canyon 3.5 L5 GAS
Do not smoke or allow an open flame of any type when working on or near any fuel system related components. The highly flammable vapor mixtures may ignite, resulting in serious personal injury.
Prior to disconnecting fuel lines, the fuel system pressure must be relieved to prevent accidental spray of fuel.
After the battery has been disconnected and reconnected, some abnormal driveability symptoms may occur. The vehicle may need to be driven while the vehicle relearns its adaptive strategy.
Engines Less Fuel Pressure ...
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO GMC Canyon FUEL FILTER REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES
DRIVELINE, U-JOINT & CV AXLES REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES FOR GMC Canyon AUTOMOBILES
Includes CV axle, universal joint, and driveline replacement, for domestic and imported GMC Canyon cars and light trucks from 1990+.
DRIVESHAFT, Replace -> Front -> One Piece Driveshaft -> Rear -> Two Piece Driveshaft
Vehicle: 2005 GMC Canyon Z71 SLE 3.5 L5 GAS
- Raise and support vehicle.
- Mark the front U-joint to the pinion yoke on the front differential.
- Mark the relationship of the rear U-joint to the transfer case drive flange.
- Remove the retaining nuts and bolts from the drive flange.
- Remove the clamps and retaining bolts from the front drive axle pinion flange.
- Remove the front propeller shaft from the vehicle.
- Using tape and or a rubber band, wrap the front U-joint bearing caps to ensure the caps do not separate from the U-joint.
- Reverse procedure to install, noting the following:
- Torque front propeller shaft to the pinion flang...
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO GMC Canyon DRIVELINE, U-JOINT & CV AXLES REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES
TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM PROCEDURES FOR GMC Canyon AUTOMOBILES
Description, component locations, reset procedures, relearn procedures, diagnosis and testing, wiring diagrams, component replacement, and identification of vehicles equipped and not equipped with tire pressure monitoring system for most domestic and imported GMC Canyon cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. from mid 1990's+.
Component Replacement -> Installation -> Removal -> Tire Pressure Indicator Sensor
Vehicle: 2007 GMC Canyon SLE 2.9 L4 GAS
Tire Pressure Indicator Sensor
- Loosen the lug nuts.
- Raise and support vehicle with jack stands, then remove the wheel and tire assembly.
- Prior to dismounting the tire from the wheel, note the following precautions:
- Position the bead breaking fixture 90° from the valve stem when separating the tire bead from the wheel.
- Place the mounting and dismounting head so that the tire iron or pry bar can be inserted slightly clockwise of the sensor body when prying the tire bead up and over the head.
- Rotate the tire and wheel assembly clockwise using the tire changer when transferri...
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO GMC Canyon TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM PROCEDURES
STARTER & ALTERNATOR REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES FOR GMC Canyon AUTOMOBILES
Includes starter and alternator replacement procedures for domestic and imported GMC Canyon cars and light trucks from 1990+.
Vehicle: 2006 GMC Canyon SLE 2.8 L4 GAS
- Disconnect battery ground cable.
- Remove drive belt.
- Raise and support vehicle, then remove left front wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove left wheelhouse liner.
- Disengage air conditioning compressor electrical connector from bracket.
- Remove lower air conditioning compressor mounting bolts, leave upper mounting bolt with air conditioning compressor.
- Lower vehicle.
- Remove alternator output battery ter...
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO GMC Canyon STARTER & ALTERNATOR REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES
MAINTENANCE LAMP RESET PROCEDURES FOR GMC Canyon AUTOMOBILES
Maintenance lamp reset procedures with corresponding images for most domestic and imported GMC Canyon cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. from 1990+.
General Motors Corp./Saturn Trucks -> Reduce Engine Power Indicator Lamp ->
Vehicle: 2006 GMC Canyon WT 2.8 L4 GAS
The Reduce Engine Power indicator lamp should light for a approximately 3 seconds when the ignition is turned On as a bulb check. If the warning lamp turns On during vehicle operation, a vehicl...
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO GMC Canyon MAINTENANCE LAMP RESET PROCEDURES
RADIATOR & HOSE REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES FOR GMC Canyon AUTOMOBILES
Includes radiator, cooling and heater hose replacement procedures for domestic and imported GMC Canyon cars and light trucks from 1990+
Heater Hose, Replace -> Inlet -> Outlet
Vehicle: 2005 GMC Canyon Z71 SL 2.8 L4 GAS
- Drain cooling system into a suitable container.
- Reposition heater core inlet hose clamp at engine block.
- Remove hose from engine block.
- Reposition heater hose inlet clamp at heater core.
- Remove heater inlet hose from heater core.
- Remove hose from vehicle.
- Reverse procedure to install.
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO GMC Canyon RADIATOR & HOSE REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES
SERPENTINE BELT SERVICE PROCEDURES FOR GMC Canyon AUTOMOBILES
Serpentine belt replacement procedures with corresponding images for most domestic and imported GMC Canyon cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. from 1990+.
Serpentine Drive Belt, Replace
Vehicle: 2008 GMC Canyon SLT 3.7 L5 GAS
- Rotate tensioner clockwise, using suitable 3/8 inch breaker bar.
- Slide drive belt from water pump pul...
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO GMC Canyon SERPENTINE BELT SERVICE PROCEDURES
COMPONENT LOCATION DIAGRAMS FOR GMC Canyon AUTOMOBILES
Component location diagrams for most GMC Canyon cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. from 1990+.
|Engine Controls Components Diagram for 2006 GMC Canyon SL 2.8 L4 GAS|
Components on diagram:
|Passenger Seat Switches Diagram for 2006 GMC Canyon SLE 2.8 L4 GAS|
Components on diagram:
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO GMC Canyon PARTS/COMPONENTS LOCATION DIAGRAMS!
WIRING DIAGRAMS FOR GMC Canyon AUTOMOBILES
OEM drawn wiring diagrams for most GMC Canyon cars and light trucks sold in the U.S.
|2005 GMC Canyon Z85 SL 2.8 L4 GAS Wiring Diagram|
Components on diagram:
|2007 GMC Canyon SLE 3.7 L5 GAS Wiring Diagram|
Components on diagram:
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO GMC Canyon WIRING DIAGRAMS!
TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETINS FOR GMC Canyon AUTOMOBILES
OEM TSB listings for most GMC Canyon cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. from 1985+.
Document: USE OF E85 FUELS IN VEHICLES NOT CERTIFIED BY GM AS BEING FLEX FUEL COMPATIBLE / AFTERMARKET CONVERSIONS OF VEHICLES TO OPERATE ON E85 FUELS - REVISED|
Vehicle: 2006 GMC Canyon SL 2.8 L4 GAS
Document: USE RECOMMENDED TIRE MOUNTING LUBRICANT TO PREVENT TIRES FROM SLIPPING ON CHROME WHEELS|
Vehicle: 2005 GMC Canyon Z71 Fleet 3.5 L5 GAS
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO GMC Canyon TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETINS!
COMPONENT/PARTS SPECIFICATIONS FOR GMC Canyon AUTOMOBILES
BRAKE SPECIFICATIONS: Brake drum, rotor, caliper, and related specifications for most GMC Canyon cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. and Canada from 1970+.
- Brake caliper mounting bolt torque
- Brake drum runout, machining, & discard specs
- Minimum brake lining thickness.
- Brake rotor runout, parallelism, machining, discard, & finish specs
A/C SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS: Air conditioning refrigerant capacity and type as well as lubricant capacity for most GMC Canyon cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. and Canada from 1980+.
- Refrigerant capacity & type, compressor oil viscosity, total system oil capacity & compressor clutch gap
COOLING SYSTEM BLEED: Cooling system bleeder valve identification, bleeder type and bleed procedures for most domestic and imported cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. and Canada from 1986+.
PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE: Preventive maintenance recommendations and required services for most domestic and imported cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. and Canada from 1980+. Includes severe and routine service schedules
QUICK-LUBE and ILLUSTRATIONS: Fluid recommendations, capacities, drain plug torques, tire data, and severe service recommended preventive maintenance schedules. Information covers most GMC Canyon cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. and Canada from 1980+. Engine and chassis service images.
- Automatic transmission/transaxles capacities, lubricant recommendations
- Differential/final drive capacities, lube recommendations, grades, & viscosities
- Final drive fill & drain plug torques
- Number of lubrication fittings & plugs
- Power steering, brake, & clutch fluid recommendations
- Manual transmission/transaxle capacities, lube recommendations, grades, & viscosities
- Number of lubrication fittings & plugs
- Power steering, brake, & clutch fluid recommendations
- Engine oil capacities, API grade recommendations, SAE viscosity recommendations, drain plug torque
- Severe service maintenance & interval recommendations
- Tire sizes, wheel nut/bolt torque, pressures & rim sizes
- Transfer case capacities, lube recommendations, grades, & viscosities
TUNE-UP & DRIVEABILITY SPECIFICATIONS: Most tune-up specifications for most GMC Canyon cars and light trucks sold in the U.S. and Canada from 1980+
- Airflow sensor electrical specifications
- Tensioning specifications for systems with automatic tensioners
- Barometric pressure sensor specs
- Battery group number and cranking performance
- Crankshaft & camshaft position sensor resistance
- Engine compression pressures
- Coolant temperature sensor specs
- Computer advance.
- Diesel fuel temperature sensor resistance.
- Distributor advance specifications
- Ignition pickup coil resistance
- Exhaust gas recirculation temperature sensor resistance
- Engine fastener torque values
- Firing order diagrams
- Fuel system pressures
- Generator (alternator) specs
- Intake air temperature sensor specs
- Ignition coil specifications
- Fuel injector resistance
- Engine idle speeds
- Knock sensor resistance
- Manifold absolute pressure sensor specs
- Mixture control solenoid resistance
- Voltage regulator specs
- Spark plug applications & gaps
- Starter motor electrical specs.
- Tensioning specifications for systems without automatic tensioners
- Throttle body temperature sensor resistance
- Ignition timing in degrees at rpm
- Transmission oil temperature sensor resistance
- Throttle position sensor specs
- Vacuum sensor valve specs
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO GMC Canyon SPECIFICATIONS DATA!
Shop online for auto body parts, engines, wheels, lights...
|2005 GMC Canyon Headlight, Driver Side, Bulbs included; Composite type; CAPA certified; DOT and SAE approved; A high quality, OE replacement headlight assembly; Backed by 1-year, unlimited-mileage warranty..||$54.12|
|2004 GMC Canyon Corner Light, Passenger Side.||$20.55|
|2012 GMC Canyon Taillight Driver Side, Driver Side Tail Light Assembly; Includes Wiring Harness, , .||$46.50|
|2006 GMC Canyon L5, 3.5 L, 213 CID Rebuilt Engine, Warranty: 3-Year/100,000 Mile, .||Ad Hoc|
|2009 GMC Canyon Used Alternator, 145 AMP, ID: (15847291), Very Good.||$99.00|
|2010 GMC Canyon Used Fan Clutch, 2.8, MANUAL, 4X2 2.8L, Very Good.||$94.00|