Auto Parts Search
Suzuki Reno Engine >> FRONT ENGINE OIL LEAK ON 1999-2003 SUZUKI 2.5 & 2.7L ENGINES
Front Engine Oil Leak On
1999-2003 Suzuki 2.5 & 2.7L Engines
The AERA Technical Committee offers the following information regarding a front engine oil leak on 1999-2003 Suzuki 2.5 & 2.7L engines. If oil is observed leaking from the left front of the engine resealing the timing cover may resolve those types of customer complaints.
To do so, two types of sealers are recommended from Suzuki to use at specific locations of the front cover. Refer to the illustrations below and follow the steps indicating the locations to use sealers ?A" or ?B".
1. Clean sealing surface on timing chain cover, crankcase, cylinder block and cylinder heads. Remove oil, old sealant, and dust from sealing surface.
2. Apply sealant A: Suzuki Bond 1207F (# 99000-31250) to timing chain cover sealing surface area as shown in the Figure 1. Ensure proper sealant bead. Do not over apply.
3. Apply sealant B: Suzuki Bond 1207B (# 99104-31140) to the mating surfaces of the cylinder heads and cylinder block as shown in Figure 2.
4. Use a plastic scraper as a jig to force the sealer into the air gap formed by the cylinder head, block and head gasket as shown in call-out A. There are four areas B where this must be performed.
5. NOTE: Failure to perform the step 4 will result in oil weepage/seepage that will migrate down the front side of the engine block. This may appear and be misdiagnosed as a crankshaft oil seal leak.
THE AERA TECHNICAL COMMITTEE
Looking for replacement Suzuki Reno engines? Visit our online Rebuilt Engines Store. Need to fix your Suzuki Reno engine? Access here the comprehensive online repair guide for your Suzuki Reno engine. Click Here to find a used Suzuki Reno engine.
Shop online for auto body parts, engines, wheels, lights...
|2005 Suzuki Reno Bumper Reinforcement, Front, A high quality, direct fit OE replacement bumper reinforcement; Backed by 1-year, unlimited-mileage warranty..||$80.95|
|2005 Suzuki Reno Wiper Blade, Front, Driver Or Passenger Side, Rear, 22 in. length, Includes universal plastic adapters and easy to follow installation instructions; This new generation flat blade provides improved wiping capabilities in rain and freezing weather, long lasting durability, an easy to service design using a rubber insert that requires no special tools or high cost items to replace, and a clean appearance from inside the vehicle with the wiper profile neatly conforming to the base of the windshield; Backed by 1-year, unlimited-mileage warranty..||$5.00|
|2008 Suzuki Reno Radiator, Radiator; Automatic Or Manual Transmission; With Transmission Oil Cooler, , .||$136.50|
|2008 Suzuki Reno L4, 2.0 L, 122 CID Rebuilt Engine, Warranty: 3-Year/100,000 Mile, .||Ad Hoc|
|2007 Suzuki Reno Used Wiper Motor Front, FORENZA, Very Good.||$70.00|
|2005 Suzuki Reno Used Radio / CD Player / GPS, AM-FM-stereo-cass-CD player, Very Good.||$86.00|
Help me find
Search DIY repair manuals by VIN...
Need To Fix Your Car or Truck?
Try Our Repair Service Finder
Help me find