Auto Parts Search
Suzuki Engine >> REAR MAIN SEAL LEAKAGE ON SUZUKI DOHC ENGINES
Rear Main Oil Seal Leakage On
1996-98 Suzuki 1.8 & 2.0 & 2.5L DOHC Engines
The AERA Technical Committee offers the following information regarding rear main oil seal leakage. Engine oil leaks have been reported after rear main oil seal replacement. This leakage may be due to improper seal installation if the proper special installation tools were not used.
To reduce the likelihood of rear main oil seal leakage Suzuki advises using their oil seal guide and installation tool. After obtaining the tools use the following diagram to assist installation of the rear main seal, Part #0928398002.
1. Apply a light film of clean engine oil on the bore opening and crankshaft oil seal.
2. Make sure the large chamfer on the oil seal guide is facing away from the crankshaft before assembling the seal and installer ring.
3. Note: The larger diameter of the installer ring should face toward the crankshaft.
4. Use a plastic hammer and lightly tap the seal inward, rotating blows around the installation tool.
5. Continue installation until tool bottoms out on the rear block face.
The AERA Technical Committee
Looking for replacement Suzuki engines? Visit our online Rebuilt Engines Store. Need to fix your Suzuki engine? Access here the comprehensive online repair guide for your Suzuki engine. Click Here to find a used Suzuki engine.
Shop online for auto body parts, engines, wheels, lights...
|2001 Suzuki Vitara Headlight, Driver Side, Bulbs not included; Composite and combination type; DOT and SAE approved; A high quality, OE replacement headlight; Backed by 1-year, unlimited-mileage warranty..||$78.70|
|2002 Suzuki Vitara Alternator.||$131.76|
|2005 Suzuki Grand Vitara Door Mirror Passenger Side, Passenger Side Power Door Mirror; With Heated Glass; Textured, , .||$104.50|
|1989 Suzuki Sidekick L4, 1.3 L, 1325 CC, 81 CID Rebuilt Engine, Warranty: 3-Year/100,000 Mile, .||Ad Hoc|
|2007 Suzuki Forenza Used Wiper Motor Rear, (Station Wagon), Very Good.||$86.00|
|2000 Suzuki Esteem Used Exhaust Manifold, 1.8L, Very Good.||$96.00|
Help me find
Search DIY repair manuals by VIN...
Need To Fix Your Car or Truck?
Try Our Repair Service Finder
Help me find