Auto Parts Search
Water Pump Replacement
Don't Ignore Your Car, Change The Water Pump Today
Water pump is used to move slurries, liquids and gases to lower the pressure on your vehicle. With continuous usage water tanks may also get worn out. Hence it is recommended that the water pumps should be replaced every five months or so.
Replacing the water pump is not a very hectic job. A few handy tips can be helpful in accomplishing this task.
Before starting off with water pump replacement it is important to be well equipped with necessary things. Here is a list of all the necessary things that are needed to set the water replacement done.
- You may need Box end or open wrenches.
- A set of Ratchet wrench with universal joint.
- Assorted screwdrivers.
- Gasket Scraper
- Drain pain
- Wire brush.
- New Gasket and water pump
- New hose clamps.
- A Gasket sealer.
Before you start
- Follow those instructions carefully.
- Get all the tools and place them nearby.
- These are general instructions so for more detailed instructions always crosscheck with your manual.
- It is important to take essential safety measures as handling machinery is a difficult job. So it is good to use the hazardous material carefully.
- While we working, always use a jack stand.
- It is advisable that you work on surface level and place the vehicle safely before starting the task.
- First of all, the engine needs to be turned off.
- Then the hood is opened.
- Then you need to checkout for the water pump pulley. The pulley is a rounded part, to which the belt is attached. More than one pulley can be seen in the engine, but to locate the right one it is good to consult the car mechanic. Because, power steering, air conditioner, and alternator are also connected with pulley.
- Then, find out the opposite ends of the round pulley and loosen it. Try to move it back and forth. After the pulley is loosened, some very low pitched yet audible grinding noise can be heard while the engine is running.
- It can be checked visually as well. Behind the pulley there is water pump that need to be checked to detect leakage. If the water pump gasket is found leaking, it should be replaced.
- Start with draining the coolant from the engine block or radiator and pour it into a drain pan. Some of the vehicles need removal of the lower radiator hose to drain the system. A rusty coolant could also cause failure of the new pump.
- If the fan and the fan clutch do not work properly then it should be replaced by removing the bolts. To prevent any damage, fan clutch should always be laid face down. Check the fan completely so that defects can be detected.
- Remove the belts, power steering pump, alternator and air conditioning compressor. All the by- pass hoses and heaters that are attached to the water pump should be removed.
- Then, after the whole inspection is over a new water pump can be installed.
Shop online for auto body parts, engines, wheels, lights...
|2007 Pontiac Grand Prix Grille Insert, Driver Side, Without emblem provision; A high quality, OE replacement grille insert; Backed by 1-year, unlimited-mileage warranty..||$5.37|
|2003 Chevrolet Blazer Neutral Safety Switch, Blade type; 4-prong and 7-prong male terminals; A high quality, direct fit OE replacement neutral safety switch; With 2 years limited Trustbuilt warranty..||$37.58|
|2011 Ford Lightduty Pickup 17" X 7.5" Steel Wheel, STEEL WHEEL, 17 X 7.5, 7 STUDS/LUGS, 150MM BOLT DIA, 5 SPOKES, SILVER, UNIVERSAL; STEEL NOTE 7 LUGS !!, , .||$101.88|
|1994 Isuzu Pickup L4, 2.3 L, 2254 CC Rebuilt Engine, SOHC, supplied with new head casting., Warranty: 7-Year/70,000 Mile, .||$1,724.00|
|1984 Jeep Cherokee Used Rear Vent Window, Passenger Side, privacy, Very Good.||$76.00|
|2000 Isuzu Amigo Used Starter, 2.2, AUTO, RWD, Very Good.||$83.00|