Auto Parts Search
Test Drive - Getting Started !
After getting appeased with the looks and style of the car, we always intend to check its real performance on road. There is a lot of anxiety that takes over our mind as you start considering the comfort level, feel, lever mobility, steering capacity, road grip, braking potential and other features, before finally purchasing a car. All these curiosities are settled by test driving the car. Test driving is basically a demonstration of various features of the car to a probable buyer. During the course of test driving, the buyer allows the customer to take the vehicle on road (usually for small distances) to check its performance practically. Even if you are buying a second-hand car, a test drive is very important. Well, there is always a perplexity about the do's and don'ts of the test drive and people generally are not sure about the important checks of the vehicle. In an effort to reduce the confusion, we present you some of the most common solutions while going for a test drive.
Some Useful tips for Test Drive
Test drive, as clearly evident from above paragraph, needs a sharp observation and assessment skills. We often feel uncomfortable while going for a test drive and usually gets swayed by the salesperson's selling skills. Thus, we should be attentive enough while going for a test drive and should look for the following things while taking a demonstrating drive of the car:
- Engine and Suspension- Before turning on the key, confirm that the engine was cold, so that any issues with the starting of engine can be figured out. Also check out for some excessive smoke or oil discharge from the engine. Make sure that the suspension system of the car is working fine.
- Brakes and Steering Control- Get a feel with the steering; confirm the free movement and effective ride control of the steering wheel while driving. Make sure that the braking system is suitable for your driving habits. Most of the modern cars have power steering attached with them, though this is a supreme facility, but it might not be a preferable requirement for you.
- Gears and Clutch- Check out for the smooth movement of gear and clutch levers. Assure that you can shift the gears without any crunching.
- Inside Space- Comfort levels must be thoroughly checked out before buying the car. So, make sure that the car would have ample space to conveniently accommodate the number of people you are wishing for. Moreover, various comfortable zones like driver/passenger leg room, adjustments in seats etc, must be properly evaluated.
- Time for the Drive- Take your time and try the vehicle on all sorts of roads available in the vicinity. This will unfold the vehicle's performance with different tracks.
- Parking Issues- Park the vehicle in a parking lot and look for the amount of space it is occupying. Check out for the visibility concerns while parking and assure that you are able to see back while parking the car.
So, next time you buy a car, feel confident about the various issues linked with test driving of the vehicle and get most out of your investments.
Shop online for auto body parts, engines, wheels, lights...
|2006 Toyota Camry Door Handle, Front Or Rear, Driver Side, With door lock button; A high quality, OE replacement door handle; With 1-year limited Matheny warranty..||$18.56|
|1999 Nissan Sentra Tail Light, Driver Side.||$46.96|
|2004 Volvo V70 Aftermarket Wheel Covers, AFTERMARKET WHEEL COVERS, 15 INCH, SILVER ABS 15 VENT, SPRING STEEL CLIP APPLICATION, , .||$25.45|
|1994 Isuzu Pickup L4, 2.3 L, 2254 CC Rebuilt Engine, SOHC, supplied with new head casting., Warranty: 7-Year/70,000 Mile, .||$1,724.00|
|2000 Plymouth Breeze Used Upper Control Arm, Rear, Passenger Side, 2.4, AUTO, FWD, Very Good.||$91.00|
|1976 Jeep Cherokee Used Exhaust Manifold, 8-304 AND 8-360, L., Very Good.||$234.00|