Auto Parts Search
Fight Pollution With Smog Check
Due to intensifying air and smog pollution, the emission standards of automobiles have been tightened by the government. Today, more and more countries are adopting smog check as an effort to control pollution. Theoretically, the main aim of smog checks programs are to keep the atmosphere clean. While practicing it, the program may amount into a source of expensive bills. So, it is better to fix as soon as you find your automobile spewing out toxic crud in the air. After a smog check program you are required to repair polluting engines, worn outs and poor running conditions of your car.
How to get a smog check done:
- For this program you can drop your automobile at the auto-repair shop or the Department of Motor Vehicles for any requirements.
- In your state you may require a valid certification by means of a mechanic. So, in such a case, better you take your car to an authorized shop as it is not possible to do a smog test by your-self.
- If your car gets passed in the smog test, make sue that you get a signed copy of the smog test result by the mechanic. Depending on the requirement of your state, either take the copy to the Department of Motor Vehicles or mail it to them.
- If in any case your car fails during the smog test, ask your mechanics to diagnose your car and repair it into passable condition for the test. While doing so make sure you get a copy of assessment by your mechanics.
- Take the copy of assessment to the Department of Motor Vehicles. Against that copy the DMV will issue you a temporary registration certificate. They will assign you a particular date by which you will have to repair your car so that it can pass the test.
How to Pass a Smog Check:
First of all educate yourself regarding the smog test rules in your state. Smog problems usually happen due to misadjusted system or malfunctioning components. The easiest solution to pass a smog test is to make sure that all the smog devices of your car are running fine, prior to rolling into the smog check station.
Countless smog control devices are used today in the modern engines. Therefore, it is the owner's sole responsibility to perform pre-inspections by having a look under the hood or the service manual before getting to the smog test centre. The other things that you should also check are:
- Make sure all the nuts, bolts and vehicle's pollution control systems are in good working condition.
- EGR valves must be also working well.
- Smog or air pumps should be pumping.
- All vacuum connections and tubing must be secure and free from cracks.
- Oxygen sensors must be sensing.
By making sure whether your car or any other automobile is running efficiently or not, you can not only keep the atmosphere free from pollution, but it will also help you to save money. It is possible for an engine to burn fuel more efficiently only if it is maintained in a proper way. As fuel prices are gradually creeping high, you can easily add up saving by making your automobile more competent.
Shop online for auto body parts, engines, wheels, lights...
|2000 Mazda Protege Window Regulator, Front, Driver Side.||$77.13|
|2001 Toyota Camry Door Handle, Front Or Rear, Driver Side, With chrome lever; A high quality, direct fit OE replacement door handle; With 18 months limited Prozone warranty..||$14.27|
|2006 GMC Sierra Pickup Power Door Mirror, Passenger Side, PASSENGER SIDE POWER DOOR MIRROR, WITH HEATED GLASS, WITH TURN SIGNAL ON GLASS, WITH PUDDLE LIGHT, POWER FOLDING, PAINT TO MATCH, WITHOUT, , .||$258.45|
|1993 Ford F-250 Pickup V8, 5.8 L, 351 CID Rebuilt Engine, Windsor, HO, dipstick in block, Non Roller cam., Warranty: 7-Year/70,000 Mile, .||$1,446.00|
|2001 Pontiac Aztek Used Upper Control Arm, Rear, Passenger Side, 3.5, AUTO, FWD R., Very Good.||$141.00|
|2012 Nissan NV1500 Used Exhaust Manifold, 4.0L (6 CYL), L., Very Good.||$91.00|