Auto Parts Search
Maintain A Healthy Car With A Timely Oil Change
For Engine's long life, it is recommended that the motor oil should be changed every three months or after every three thousand miles. Although most of the cars today no longer need regular oil checks, the oil needs to be changed frequently especially, if the car has traveled for long in very dusty and hot conditions.
Oil Change: Stage One
- Gather all the materials and necessary tools. To change motor oil on regular basis, it is good to invest more on equipments like an oil drain pan, jack stands, and a set of sockets.
- Before draining the oil, just let the engine of the car run for about 10minutes because if the oil is warm it drains faster.
- Bring the car on surface level and engage parking brakes and turn the engine off. Drive it onto a ramp, to raise its level, if the clearance level of the car is low.
- Now place the funnel and new oil near the engine so that afterwards you don't forget to add oil.
Oil Change: Stage Two
Draining and Replacing Oil Filter
- After securely raising the level of the car, and safely crawl under it.
- The Oil drain plug should be located underneath the engine.
- Placing the oil drain pan beneath the plug just loosen the plug using a socket wrench. While removing the plug by hand, be careful of the hot oil flow.
- Holding onto the plug, allow the oil drain into the pan.
- After oil draining is done, don't forget to wipe the drain plug.
- After that, drain plug gasket should be replaced.
- Then reinstall the plug and tighten the screws and bolts using a socket or wrench.
- Be careful while tightening the plug, and do not over tighten it.
- After that oil filters needs to be located and the oil pan should be placed under the filter to drain the left out oil particles. Make sure that the seal of the old filter is not inclined to the engine.
- Use some fresh oil to coat the new filter's rubber seal.
- Locate the new filter at the right place.
Oil Change: Stage Three
- Remove the oil filler cap that is placed on top of the engine.
- Then while placing the funnel on top of the opening, pour the new oil into it. Typically, four to five quarts of oil are used but for correct capacity it is good to check out your user manual.
- Then, run the car engine for a few minutes to check the dipstick. Additional oil can be added if necessary.
- Just checkout the area around the filter and oil drain plug to detect leakage.
- News papers or rags can be used to wipe off the extra oil.
- Do not throw the used oil, just pour it into a plastic container or it can be sent for recycling
Cleaning Up And Installation
Shop online for auto body parts, engines, wheels, lights...
|2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Tail Light, Driver Side.||$124.48|
|1999 Nissan Sentra Tail Light, Driver Side.||$46.96|
|2009 Mercedes E320 Tail Light Assembly, Passenger Side, PASSENGER SIDE TAIL LIGHT ASSEMBLY, FOR SEDAN MODELS WITHOUT APPEARANCE PACKAGE, , .||$100.45|
|1971 International 1310 V8, 5 L, 304 CID Rebuilt Engine, Scout appl. Comes with oil pump kit only., Warranty: 7-Year/70,000 Mile, .||$2,152.00|
|1980 Jeep Cherokee Used Wiper Motor Front, ebay PO0554.||$70.00|
|2004 Porsche Cayenne Used Upper Control Arm, Driver Side, 4.5, AUTO, 4X4, Very Good.||$135.00|