Auto Parts Search
Auto Upholstery Repair
Give Your Car a Make Over With New Car Upholstery
Your car is your pride. However, what do you do when your car looks old and the interiors feel outdated? You go for an image over haul at the nearest garage. You can never be too sure about the preference of the mechanics, and you can end up with interiors that are not up to your liking.
It is quite possible to change the upholstery of the all by yourself, if you have the required tools and are ready for the hard work.
The main tools that you need are a Phillips head screwdriver, Flat head screwdriver, Metal cutter, Pliers, Ratchet, extension and sockets, Hog ring pliers, Metal hog rings, Scissors, Adhesive spray and Glue. You might just need some of the tools as the make of your car may not need all of the tools.
Repairing the Upholstery
- Firstly, check the make of your car. The car seats of the may need to be taken out with a ratchet. If it doesn't then you might have some problem moving about, around the car seats.
- Then look around for buttons on the seat. Remove the covering from them. There you will see tiny screws. You should remove all the screws. See if you can remove the head rest and the arm rest.
- Now you can remove the old cloth from the car seats. Take a look around for any fasteners. They can be clips, Velcro or hog rings. Remove the fasteners. Make sure to remember where the fasteners were placed when you remove them, you may have to put them back in the same place if you are using the same kind of upholstery.
- If you want to remove the old padding do so after the cloth is removed. Then place in the new upholstery. Glue the padding in its place if you feel the need.
- Replace the upholstery in the backseats also. Use the hog clips, Velcro and clips to hold the pieces in their place. If you decided to use a different kind of upholstery then the fasteners can be different than the original.
- Next cove the headrest and armrest with the fresh upholstery and attach them back to the seats.
- Finally install the seats back into the car.
- To set up a new car roof you just need a car ceiling liner and an adhesive spray.
- Firstly, you must remove the ceiling from the car and pull out all the material from the roof.
- Clean out any foam or remaining fragments that are stuff to the roof.
- Then spray the adhesive onto the bare surface.
- Now you just have to set the new car ceiling liner on to roof and wait for it to dry.
- Finally settle the roof of the car back into the car.
- You can see that it is rather easy to change the look of your car. Now the next time you want to change your car's upholstery you know you can do it yourself.
Shop online for auto body parts, engines, wheels, lights...
|2000 Buick Regal Headlight, Driver Side, Bulbs included; Composite and combination type; DOT and SAE approved; A high quality, OE replacement headlight assembly; Backed by 1-year, unlimited-mileage warranty..||$63.02|
|1998 Chrysler Town & Country Oil Filter, Keeps Oil Cleaner For A Longer Time, Extends Engine Life, Improves Fuel Economy, Provides Extra Protection For Stop And Go Driving And Towing, Requires No Vehicle Modifications, Installs On The Engine Block In The Original Oil Filter Location And The Original Filter Then Installs On This Adapter, Does Not Effect Factory Warranty.||$26.90|
|1979 Chevrolet Chevelle Radiator Fan Blade, Radiator Fan Blade; V8 Engine; 7-Blade Engine Fan, , .||$99.50|
|1993 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 V8, 5.7 L, 350 CID Rebuilt Engine, 2-bolt main, LT-1, aluminum heads, roller cam, Warranty: 3-Year/100,000 Mile, .||$1,821.00|
|2012 Infiniti M35H Used Upper Control Arm, Driver Side, 3.7, AUTO, RWD L., Very Good.||$133.00|
|2000 Porsche 911 Used Hood, Black, BASE 4ml, Very Good.||$721.00|