Auto Parts Search
DRIVELINE, U-JOINT & CV AXLES REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES FOR 1998 Mercury Villager AUTOMOBILES
Includes CV axle, universal joint, and driveline replacement, for domestic and imported 1998 Mercury Villager cars and light trucks from 1990+.
CV AXLE SHAFT, Replace -> Left -> Right
Vehicle: 1998 Mercury Villager 3.0 V6 GAS
- With vehicle in NEUTRAL, position on a hoist.
- Remove front wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove cotter key.
- Remove wheel hub nut and washer.
- Remove stabilizer link nut.
- Remove cotter pin.
- Remove nut.
- Separate suspension lower ball joint from knuckle.
- Separate halfshaft from transaxle.
- Separate halfshaft from knuckle, using wheel hub remover tool No. 205-D070 or equivalent.
- Reverse procedure to install, noting the following:
- When seated properly, driveshaft bearing retainer circlip can be felt as it snaps into differential side gear groove.
- Torque lower ball joint nut to 58 ft. lbs.
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO 1998 Mercury Villager DRIVELINE, U-JOINT & CV AXLES REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES
Shop online for auto body parts, engines, wheels, lights...
|2002 Mercury Villager Cigarette Lighter, With wire terminal; A high quality cigarette lighter; Backed by 1-year, unlimited-mileage warranty..||$6.39|
|2002 Mercury Villager Antenna, 1-section mast; 470 mm extension; Stick-on; A high quality universal imitation antenna; May require modification or other adjustment to your vehicle upon installation..||$5.01|
|2002 Mercury Villager Power Door Mirror, Passenger Side, PASSENGER SIDE POWER DOOR MIRROR, WITH HEAT, WITHOUT MEMORY, PAINT TO MATCH, , .||$100.00|
|1964 Mercury Villager V8, 4.3 L, 260 CID Rebuilt Engine, Fits most applications, Warranty: 7-Year/70,000 Mile, .||$1,725.00|
|1993 Mercury Villager Used Bumper Bar, Rear, Passenger Side, X BSK, Average.||$88.00|
|1994 Mercury Villager Used Distributor, 3.0, AUTO, FWD (Hap), Very Good.||$129.00|