Auto Parts Search
DRIVELINE, U-JOINT & CV AXLES REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES FOR 1998 Mercury Villager AUTOMOBILES
Includes CV axle, universal joint, and driveline replacement, for domestic and imported 1998 Mercury Villager cars and light trucks from 1990+.
CV AXLE SHAFT, Replace -> Left -> Right
Vehicle: 1998 Mercury Villager 3.0 V6 GAS
- With vehicle in NEUTRAL, position on a hoist.
- Remove front wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove cotter key.
- Remove wheel hub nut and washer.
- Remove stabilizer link nut.
- Remove cotter pin.
- Remove nut.
- Separate suspension lower ball joint from knuckle.
- Separate halfshaft from transaxle.
- Separate halfshaft from knuckle, using wheel hub remover tool No. 205-D070 or equivalent.
- Reverse procedure to install, noting the following:
- When seated properly, driveshaft bearing retainer circlip can be felt as it snaps into differential side gear groove.
- Torque lower ball joint nut to 58 ft. lbs.
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO 1998 Mercury Villager DRIVELINE, U-JOINT & CV AXLES REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES
Shop online for auto body parts, engines, wheels, lights...
|1995 Mercury Villager Bumper Cover, Front, A high quality, direct fit OE replacement bumper cover..||$157.59|
|2002 Mercury Villager Mirror Glass, Driver Side, 7-11/16 in. diagonally; A high quality, direct fit OE replacement mirror glass..||$46.22|
|2000 Mercury Villager 15" x 6.5" Alloy Wheel, Alloy Wheel; 15 X 6.5; 7 Pockets; 5 Lug; 4.5 Inch BP; Aftermarket Chrome, , .||$263.50|
|1995 Mercury Villager V6, 3 L, 182 CID Rebuilt Engine, SOHC, Mercury Villager, Warranty: 3-Year/100,000 Mile, .||$2,020.00|
|1996 Mercury Villager Used Engine Computer, Multifunction; (core support mtd), Very Good.||$141.00|
|1993 Mercury Villager Used Ignition Switch W/Key, Very Good.||$55.00|