Auto Parts Search
DRIVELINE, U-JOINT & CV AXLES REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES FOR 1998 Mercury Villager AUTOMOBILES
Includes CV axle, universal joint, and driveline replacement, for domestic and imported 1998 Mercury Villager cars and light trucks from 1990+.
CV AXLE SHAFT, Replace -> Left -> Right
Vehicle: 1998 Mercury Villager 3.0 V6 GAS
- With vehicle in NEUTRAL, position on a hoist.
- Remove front wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove cotter key.
- Remove wheel hub nut and washer.
- Remove stabilizer link nut.
- Remove cotter pin.
- Remove nut.
- Separate suspension lower ball joint from knuckle.
- Separate halfshaft from transaxle.
- Separate halfshaft from knuckle, using wheel hub remover tool No. 205-D070 or equivalent.
- Reverse procedure to install, noting the following:
- When seated properly, driveshaft bearing retainer circlip can be felt as it snaps into differential side gear groove.
- Torque lower ball joint nut to 58 ft. lbs.
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO 1998 Mercury Villager DRIVELINE, U-JOINT & CV AXLES REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES
Shop online for auto body parts, engines, wheels, lights...
|1995 Mercury Villager Tail Light Wiring Harness, A high quality, OE replacement tail light wiring harness set; Replaces OE number 265511B708; With lifetime Dorman limited warranty..||$6.53|
|1998 Mercury Villager Headlight, Passenger Side, Bulbs included; Composite type; DOT and SAE approved; A high quality, OE replacement headlight assembly; Backed by 1-year, unlimited-mileage warranty..||$70.17|
|1998 Mercury Villager 15" x 6.5" Alloy Wheel Take Off, Alloy Wheel Take Off; 15 X 6.5; 5 Slots; 5 Lug; 4.5 Inch BP; Used; Silver, , .||$105.50|
|1964 Mercury Villager V8, 4.3 L, 260 CID Rebuilt Engine, Fits most applications, Warranty: 3-Year/100,000 Mile, .||$1,725.00|
|1999 Mercury Villager Used Wiper Motor Front, (motor/linkage), Very Good.||$86.00|
|2000 Mercury Villager Used A/C Compressor, 3.3, AUTO, FWD, Very Good.||$103.00|