Auto Parts Search
DRIVELINE, U-JOINT & CV AXLES REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES FOR 1998 Mercury Villager AUTOMOBILES
Includes CV axle, universal joint, and driveline replacement, for domestic and imported 1998 Mercury Villager cars and light trucks from 1990+.
CV AXLE SHAFT, Replace -> Left -> Right
Vehicle: 1998 Mercury Villager 3.0 V6 GAS
- With vehicle in NEUTRAL, position on a hoist.
- Remove front wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove cotter key.
- Remove wheel hub nut and washer.
- Remove stabilizer link nut.
- Remove cotter pin.
- Remove nut.
- Separate suspension lower ball joint from knuckle.
- Separate halfshaft from transaxle.
- Separate halfshaft from knuckle, using wheel hub remover tool No. 205-D070 or equivalent.
- Reverse procedure to install, noting the following:
- When seated properly, driveshaft bearing retainer circlip can be felt as it snaps into differential side gear groove.
- Torque lower ball joint nut to 58 ft. lbs.
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO 1998 Mercury Villager DRIVELINE, U-JOINT & CV AXLES REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES
Shop online for auto body parts, engines, wheels, lights...
|1998 Mercury Villager Radiator Support, A high quality, direct fit OE replacement radiator support assembly; Backed by 1-year, unlimited-mileage warranty..||$72.67|
|2002 Mercury Villager Corner Light, Passenger Side.||$64.48|
|1998 Mercury Villager 15" x 6.5" Alloy Wheel, Alloy Wheel; 15 X 6.5; 5 Slots; 5 Lug; 4.5 Inch BP; White, , .||$117.50|
|1967 Mercury Villager L6, 3.3 L, 200 CID Rebuilt Engine, Without smog, 1 1/2" carb throat., Warranty: 3-Year/100,000 Mile, .||$1,477.00|
|1993 Mercury Villager Used Ignition Switch W/Key, Very Good.||$55.00|
|2001 Mercury Villager Used Bumper Bar, Rear, W/FOAM, Very Good.||$110.00|