Auto Parts Search
DRIVELINE, U-JOINT & CV AXLES REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES FOR 1998 Mercury Villager AUTOMOBILES
Includes CV axle, universal joint, and driveline replacement, for domestic and imported 1998 Mercury Villager cars and light trucks from 1990+.
CV AXLE SHAFT, Replace -> Left -> Right
Vehicle: 1998 Mercury Villager 3.0 V6 GAS
- With vehicle in NEUTRAL, position on a hoist.
- Remove front wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove cotter key.
- Remove wheel hub nut and washer.
- Remove stabilizer link nut.
- Remove cotter pin.
- Remove nut.
- Separate suspension lower ball joint from knuckle.
- Separate halfshaft from transaxle.
- Separate halfshaft from knuckle, using wheel hub remover tool No. 205-D070 or equivalent.
- Reverse procedure to install, noting the following:
- When seated properly, driveshaft bearing retainer circlip can be felt as it snaps into differential side gear groove.
- Torque lower ball joint nut to 58 ft. lbs.
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO 1998 Mercury Villager DRIVELINE, U-JOINT & CV AXLES REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES
Shop online for auto body parts, engines, wheels, lights...
|1994 Mercury Villager Valve Lifter, Hydraulic; A high quality, direct fit OE replacement valve lifter..||$21.68|
|1995 Mercury Villager Fender, Front, Driver Side, With side molding holes; Made from tough impact-resistant steel; Designed to match OE quality, durability, fit, and finish; Backed by 1-year, unlimited-mileage warranty..||$57.64|
|1998 Mercury Villager Hvac Heater Block, Hvac Heater Core; L4 Engine, , .||$30.45|
|1997 Mercury Villager V6, 3 L, 182 CID Rebuilt Engine, FWD, Roller cam, block #F58E, F6AE. Head # E6AE, Crank #E5AE, F5DE, Crank has 5 Counter weights, Warranty: 3-Year/100,000 Mile, .||$1,585.00|
|1993 Mercury Villager Used Wiper Motor Front, Very Good.||$86.00|
|1997 Mercury Villager Used A/C Compressor, 3.0, AUTO, FWD, Very Good.||$103.00|