Auto Parts Search
DRIVELINE, U-JOINT & CV AXLES REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES FOR 1998 Mercury Villager AUTOMOBILES
Includes CV axle, universal joint, and driveline replacement, for domestic and imported 1998 Mercury Villager cars and light trucks from 1990+.
CV AXLE SHAFT, Replace -> Left -> Right
Vehicle: 1998 Mercury Villager 3.0 V6 GAS
- With vehicle in NEUTRAL, position on a hoist.
- Remove front wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove cotter key.
- Remove wheel hub nut and washer.
- Remove stabilizer link nut.
- Remove cotter pin.
- Remove nut.
- Separate suspension lower ball joint from knuckle.
- Separate halfshaft from transaxle.
- Separate halfshaft from knuckle, using wheel hub remover tool No. 205-D070 or equivalent.
- Reverse procedure to install, noting the following:
- When seated properly, driveshaft bearing retainer circlip can be felt as it snaps into differential side gear groove.
- Torque lower ball joint nut to 58 ft. lbs.
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO 1998 Mercury Villager DRIVELINE, U-JOINT & CV AXLES REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES
Shop online for auto body parts, engines, wheels, lights...
|2002 Mercury Villager Antenna, 1-section mast; 470 mm extension; Stick-on; A high quality universal imitation antenna; May require modification or other adjustment to your vehicle upon installation..||$5.01|
|1995 Mercury Villager Oxygen Sensor.||$23.08|
|2002 Mercury Villager 15" x 5" Steel Wheel, Steel Wheel; 15 X 5; 9 Holes; 5 Lug; 4.5 Inch BP; Black, , .||$69.50|
|1967 Mercury Villager V8, 4.7 L, 289 CID Rebuilt Engine, 6 Bolt bellhousing, No Smog, Warranty: 3-Year/100,000 Mile, .||$1,430.00|
|1997 Mercury Villager Used A/C Compressor, 3.0, AUTO, FWD, Very Good.||$103.00|
|1993 Mercury Villager Used Ignition Switch W/Key, Very Good.||$55.00|