Auto Parts Search
DRIVELINE, U-JOINT & CV AXLES REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES FOR 1998 Mercury Villager AUTOMOBILES
Includes CV axle, universal joint, and driveline replacement, for domestic and imported 1998 Mercury Villager cars and light trucks from 1990+.
CV AXLE SHAFT, Replace -> Left -> Right
Vehicle: 1998 Mercury Villager 3.0 V6 GAS
- With vehicle in NEUTRAL, position on a hoist.
- Remove front wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove cotter key.
- Remove wheel hub nut and washer.
- Remove stabilizer link nut.
- Remove cotter pin.
- Remove nut.
- Separate suspension lower ball joint from knuckle.
- Separate halfshaft from transaxle.
- Separate halfshaft from knuckle, using wheel hub remover tool No. 205-D070 or equivalent.
- Reverse procedure to install, noting the following:
- When seated properly, driveshaft bearing retainer circlip can be felt as it snaps into differential side gear groove.
- Torque lower ball joint nut to 58 ft. lbs.
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO 1998 Mercury Villager DRIVELINE, U-JOINT & CV AXLES REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES
Shop online for auto body parts, engines, wheels, lights...
|2002 Mercury Villager Fender, Front, Passenger Side.||$24.92|
|1995 Mercury Villager Headlight, Passenger Side, Bulbs included; Composite type; DOT and SAE approved; A high quality, OE replacement headlight assembly; Backed by 1-year, unlimited-mileage warranty..||$65.65|
|2000 Mercury Villager 15" X 6" Alloy Wheel, ALLOY WHEEL, 15 X 6, 5 STUDS/LUGS, 4.5" BOLT DIA, 5 SPOKES, 45MM OFFSET, SILVER, STAMPED ON BACK "MD BY NISSAN"MACH'D LIP AND TOP OF, , .||$111.45|
|1964 Mercury Villager V8, 4.7 L, 289 CID Rebuilt Engine, 5 Bolt bellhousing, No Smog, Warranty: 3-Year/100,000 Mile, .||$1,430.00|
|1993 Mercury Villager Used Air Cleaner Assembly, 3.0, AUTO, FWD (3.0L), Very Good.||$96.00|
|2000 Mercury Villager Used Air Flow Meter/Sensor, 3.3, AUTO, 4X2 6 cyl, Very Good.||$100.00|