Auto Parts Search
DRIVELINE, U-JOINT & CV AXLES REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES FOR 1998 Mercury Villager AUTOMOBILES
Includes CV axle, universal joint, and driveline replacement, for domestic and imported 1998 Mercury Villager cars and light trucks from 1990+.
CV AXLE SHAFT, Replace -> Left -> Right
Vehicle: 1998 Mercury Villager 3.0 V6 GAS
- With vehicle in NEUTRAL, position on a hoist.
- Remove front wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove cotter key.
- Remove wheel hub nut and washer.
- Remove stabilizer link nut.
- Remove cotter pin.
- Remove nut.
- Separate suspension lower ball joint from knuckle.
- Separate halfshaft from transaxle.
- Separate halfshaft from knuckle, using wheel hub remover tool No. 205-D070 or equivalent.
- Reverse procedure to install, noting the following:
- When seated properly, driveshaft bearing retainer circlip can be felt as it snaps into differential side gear groove.
- Torque lower ball joint nut to 58 ft. lbs.
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO 1998 Mercury Villager DRIVELINE, U-JOINT & CV AXLES REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES
Shop online for auto body parts, engines, wheels, lights...
|1998 Mercury Villager Bumper Cover, Front.||$153.07|
|1995 Mercury Villager Corner Light, Driver Side.||$37.82|
|1995 Mercury Villager Door Mirror Passenger Side, Passenger Side Power Door Mirror; Without Heat, , .||$96.50|
|1964 Mercury Villager V8, 4.3 L, 260 CID Rebuilt Engine, Fits most applications, Warranty: 3-Year/100,000 Mile, .||$1,725.00|
|1965 Mercury Villager Used Alternator, 5.8, AUTO, 4X2, Very Good.||$99.00|
|1997 Mercury Villager Used A/C Compressor, 3.0, AUTO, FWD, Good.||$103.00|