Auto Parts Search
DRIVELINE, U-JOINT & CV AXLES REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES FOR 1998 Mercury Villager AUTOMOBILES
Includes CV axle, universal joint, and driveline replacement, for domestic and imported 1998 Mercury Villager cars and light trucks from 1990+.
CV AXLE SHAFT, Replace -> Left -> Right
Vehicle: 1998 Mercury Villager 3.0 V6 GAS
- With vehicle in NEUTRAL, position on a hoist.
- Remove front wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove cotter key.
- Remove wheel hub nut and washer.
- Remove stabilizer link nut.
- Remove cotter pin.
- Remove nut.
- Separate suspension lower ball joint from knuckle.
- Separate halfshaft from transaxle.
- Separate halfshaft from knuckle, using wheel hub remover tool No. 205-D070 or equivalent.
- Reverse procedure to install, noting the following:
- When seated properly, driveshaft bearing retainer circlip can be felt as it snaps into differential side gear groove.
- Torque lower ball joint nut to 58 ft. lbs.
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO 1998 Mercury Villager DRIVELINE, U-JOINT & CV AXLES REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES
Shop online for auto body parts, engines, wheels, lights...
|1995 Mercury Villager Oxygen Sensor.||$23.08|
|2002 Mercury Villager Mirror Glass, Passenger Side, 7-5/8 in. diagonally; Convex glass; A high quality, direct fit OE replacement mirror glass..||$68.04|
|1995 Mercury Villager 15" Wheel Cover, Wheel Cover; 15 Inch; 10 Spokes; Ident F3xa1130cbzjad; Silver, , .||$26.50|
|1964 Mercury Villager V8, 4.3 L, 260 CID Rebuilt Engine, Fits most applications, Warranty: 3-Year/100,000 Mile, .||$1,725.00|
|1994 Mercury Villager Used Wiper Motor Rear, STATIONARY GLASS, Very Good.||$70.00|
|1993 Mercury Villager Used Quarter Window Regulator, Rear, Driver Side, L., Very Good.||$88.00|