Auto Parts Search
DRIVELINE, U-JOINT & CV AXLES REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES FOR 1998 Mercury Villager AUTOMOBILES
Includes CV axle, universal joint, and driveline replacement, for domestic and imported 1998 Mercury Villager cars and light trucks from 1990+.
CV AXLE SHAFT, Replace -> Left -> Right
Vehicle: 1998 Mercury Villager 3.0 V6 GAS
- With vehicle in NEUTRAL, position on a hoist.
- Remove front wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove cotter key.
- Remove wheel hub nut and washer.
- Remove stabilizer link nut.
- Remove cotter pin.
- Remove nut.
- Separate suspension lower ball joint from knuckle.
- Separate halfshaft from transaxle.
- Separate halfshaft from knuckle, using wheel hub remover tool No. 205-D070 or equivalent.
- Reverse procedure to install, noting the following:
- When seated properly, driveshaft bearing retainer circlip can be felt as it snaps into differential side gear groove.
- Torque lower ball joint nut to 58 ft. lbs.
CLICK HERE TO GET FULL ACCESS TO 1998 Mercury Villager DRIVELINE, U-JOINT & CV AXLES REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES
Shop online for auto body parts, engines, wheels, lights...
|1998 Mercury Villager Radiator Support, A high quality, direct fit OE replacement radiator support assembly; Backed by 1-year, unlimited-mileage warranty..||$72.67|
|1998 Mercury Villager Corner Light, Passenger Side.||$52.04|
|2002 Mercury Villager 16" x 6" Alloy Wheel, Alloy Wheel; 16 X 6; 45MM Offset; 5 Spokes; 5 Lug; 4.5 Inch BP; Gold, , .||$117.50|
|1964 Mercury Villager V8, 4.7 L, 289 CID Rebuilt Engine, 5 Bolt bellhousing, No Smog, Warranty: 3-Year/100,000 Mile, .||$1,430.00|
|2001 Mercury Villager Used Parking Lamp, Driver Side, L, Fog/Driving; (lower bumper mtd), L.faded, Good.||$76.00|
|1993 Mercury Villager Used Parking Lamp, Driver Side, Parklamp/Turn Signal; upper, ctr, Very Good.||$89.00|